VOGONS

Common searches

Earthsiege 2

Topic actions

First post, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The box on this one plainly states it is Windows 3.1 compatible, however during the install process it tells me that direct X is required. And the direct X install claims it is for Win 95 only. I don't get how the game is Windows 3.1 compatible if it also requires Direct X. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Reply 1 of 2, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mine does not. It says minimum Win95. I looked on Moby and some European releases had a sticker added that states either Win3.1 or Win95. The game is a 32-bit game and there is not a Win32s installer on the disc. I suspect that it is either a packaging mistake or they back ported it to Win3.1 for a couple of the Euro releases. If you do not see a Win32s installer or a folder with 16-bit EXEs, yours is not for Win3.1.

BTW, I do have a new installer for ES2 on my installer page.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 2, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just can't imagine them backporting a direct x game to wing/win32s.... I mean, direct x was a huge step forward. I'm interested in hearing from sierra fans across the ocean to see if any of them have this magical win3.x version, and whether or not it is truly compatible.