VOGONS

Common searches

Help getting Nuclear Strike to run on Windows XP

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by GameGuru500

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get an old PC game to work on XP, called "Nuclear Strike, EA Helicopper SIM". Box says it runs on 95/98 but when trying to launch it on Xp I get a OS compatibility illgal ops (Send, Not Send). Pissed me right off cause I have older games like this that run fine on Xp and I just purchased this game off of eBay and was excited to play it again after all these years. I checked to see if I can find a patch that would allow it to run on XP, but the game is so dated looks like nobody cares, there is none. What I've seen on the NET looks like no ones complained about this problem for this game, I'm the only Smuck!!

P.S and no I'm not gonna format my 1 comp just to install "Mr. Blue screen of death" crap OS 98 just to play this 1 game that I can't get to work. But I do want to play it bad. "Yes I know its sad". 🤣. Please Help.

Note: this Message is also posted at http://www.gidforums.com.

Reply 2 of 5, by GameGuru500

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

errrrr, duh i've already tried that, u think I would be wasting my time posting this tread if the problem was so simple to fix like that. Besides in the 95 & 98 Cap modes it does launch but than crashes to the desktop. Also there are no patches for this game out there that make it work on XP.

Reply 3 of 5, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GameGuru500 wrote:

errrrr, duh i've already tried that, u think I would be wasting my time posting this tread if the problem was so simple to fix like that.

Yes.

GameGuru500 wrote:

Besides in the 95 & 98 Cap modes it does launch but than crashes to the desktop. Also there are no patches for this game out there that make it work on XP.

Well then. There's your answer, eh?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 5, by Rocko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow you guys were a big help.

Well, hopefully the guy needing the info will stumble back into this thread someday after you all ran him off. Here's how I got it going:

"I've been fighting with this game for hours trying to get it to work.... Looked around on the net and saw quite a few people were having trouble too.

Finally got it working, and it was easy so:

First off, if the game won't install for you then go to the CD-rom directory and double click the INS.exe or whatever and that skips straight to the install. Then install the patch.

Zackenslac's Glide driver wasn't working for me so I used DGvoodoo 1.40 plus to get it working, Copy the DLL files that come with it into the game directory after installing DGvoodoo.

Now it should run.
The video's are a little screwed up for me but the game works fine."

Reply 5 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Zeckensack & DGVoodoo were still early in development in 2004.

We tend not too respond to well to laziness (and bad grammer...some times) from people requesting help which are exhibited by the op.

The op never posted back probably due to the laziness. Nobody was "ran off".

This is an ancient thread.

THREAD CLOSED.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline