VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, I know this has been discussed before but the topic is 2 years old and wasn't mainly about it. I was just wondering if anyone found a fix to this.

Reply 1 of 13, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

Which version of the XP patch are you using? If it's the no-cd version then forget it, it's bugged. I also have Moto Racer 2 (US version) and was having problems in Win98SE until I found the original XP patch which requires the CD, and now it works just fine - no more crashes or bugs. I'll post it here so you can give it a try.

Attachments

• Filename
    mr2_xp3.exe
    File size
    636.96 KiB
    Downloads
    220 downloads
    File comment
    Moto Racer 2 XP patch (requires CD)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 3 of 13, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

I don't think it will, but then there is no need; GOG fixed their version back in May 2011 - I bought it from them about a year ago and it works great on Windows 7.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 4 of 13, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Then why did they cancel the sales saying they were unable to fix it? No one said it was ever fixed at GOG forums (Mine wasn't as well).
Edit: Nevermind, I was able to find the fix and now it works, thanks!

Reply 5 of 13, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
filipetolhuizen wrote:

Then why did they cancel the sales saying they were unable to fix it? No one said it was ever fixed at GOG forums (Mine wasn't as well).
Edit: Nevermind, I was able to find the fix and now it works, thanks!

Sorry for saying this and I don't want to be rude, but could you please document how you fixed this?

I see this all the time, people coming online, asking for help and then figuring it out but not sharing how they fixed it. Because now people will google this issue, come to this page and are left without a solution.

So please, be so kind and share how you fixed it 😀 Ideally not just linking to other sites (they can disappear also) but attaching any patches to your messages so there is another copy with VOGONS.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 7 of 13, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So the fix is to buy version from GOG.com and for those who already purchased it, download it again? And they will contain the fix?

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 9 of 13, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Meh, just realised I have this bug in my copy of the game. However to confuse things mine isn't the original CD-ROM version (which I sold as I had a new version!) but is from anuman.fr, the company who now have the Moto Racer license. I bought it from there as they had a megapack offer with MR1, 2, 3 and 15th Anniversary (a PC version of the mobile game, which was only available in that megapack).

However the megapack uses the DotEmu.com version of Moto Racer 2, which has the gear bugs. I just pinged an email to Anuman, but as I bought it back in January I'm not sure what will happen. I know GOG.com fixed their version. I've also emailed DotEmu to see what they say.

Is there some sort of "unofficial" fix anyone knows about/could PM me about? It's annoying that I sold my boxed copy of the original game as I got the new digital version... which is bugged!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 10 of 13, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

I found this old post at GOG's Moto Racer series forum VirtuaIceMan:

http://www.gog.com/forum/moto_racer_series/he … _problem_on_mr2

It seems to imply that using the GOG-fixed moto.exe will work on Anuman Interactive's version, but since I don't have it I cannot verify if it actually works.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 11 of 13, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've had the file supplied to me, so will check it soon. It's a shame Anuman and DotEmu don't update their version, but maybe the tech dudes at GOG fixed their version and that's the benefit of buying it from them!

I'll update this thread if Anuman or DotEmu come back to me.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 12 of 13, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've just seen the Moto Racer Collection has come out on Steam too, though looking at the comments on the forum in Steam, these releases don't seem perfect either...

Reply 13 of 13, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VirtuaIceMan wrote:

I've just seen the Moto Racer Collection has come out on Steam too, though looking at the comments on the forum in Steam, these releases don't seem perfect either...

Motoracer 3 was quite problematic as well. It even works better on Win7 than on WinXP.