Common searches

Forsaken

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So you followed the instructions I gave you. That rules out anything being wrong with how the game is configured, that should rule out graphic card driver issues (since the software render gave exactly the same result, do try the named working driver just to be sure though).

That leaves two possibilities as far as I see it:

1: You have a corrupt game. Maybe a scratched CD or something. Try it on another Windows installation. I'm unclear on why you didn't do that to start with actually, you have a dual boot set up.

2: You have a problem with your Windows configuration. Make sure to close ALL background programs before launching the game (especially any that would hook into the render, OSDs and the like). Long shot, but try chkdsk and sfc /scannow.

Splinter wrote:

There really is no need to take such a high handed attitude as it achieves absolutely nothing.

It worked actually. What does whining about my attitude achieve?

Reply 21 of 23, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

And you've gone and done it again, well done!
I didn't follow any of the instructions you gave me as I had already carried out the obvious steps prior to you putting your boot in.
You're unclear as to why I didn't try this install on another PC with the same config as I didn't tell you and you never asked.
This forum is full of extremely polite and helpful people who find that they don't need to rely on using an attitude such as yours.
It's totally unnecessary in fact.
If and when I find a solution, I'll post back.

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 22 of 23, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Splinter wrote:

This forum is full of extremely polite and helpful people who find that they don't need to rely on using an attitude such as yours.

Agreed. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it 😀

Old games and computers can be a pain in the neck sometimes. So many things that can cause a conflict or some weird behaviour. It doesn't surprise me that a solutions for some but not for others.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 23 of 23, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Old games and computers can be a pain in the neck sometimes. So many things that can cause a conflict or some weird behaviour. It doesn't surprise me that a solutions for some but not for others.

Which is exactly why we need to eliminate as many variables as possible and why OP should be doing everything he can to accommodate that if he wants to get the game working. I doubt focusing on my attitude is the quickest way to get the game working.

Splinter wrote:

I didn't follow any of the instructions you gave me as I had already carried out the obvious steps prior to you putting your boot in.

You just said you did follow the steps. Make up your mind. It's not that I doubt your ability to do any of those steps individually, it's that I need you to follow those precise steps to arrive at a known software configuration. This allows us to rule out any combination of those variables being misconfigured as they all work when set like I outlined. It also might give us a hint if it's graphic card driver related as I told you to try the software render.

Splinter wrote:

You're unclear as to why I didn't try this install on another PC with the same config as I didn't tell you and you never asked.

So did you try installing on the Win7 dualboot? What was the result? If it worked, we can eliminate hardware incompability (unlikely as it is) and there being something wrong with your copy of the game.