VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Geek_Guy2001

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since i already bought the game and installed it on my Windows 2000 VMWare Fusion Virtual Machine (on a Macbook Pro "13"), however after i install the game on my VM, i transfer the YOU DON'T KNOW JACK! directory into my USB flash drive, however, when i open the executable. It said that i need to insert the cd, however, after copying the file "ydkj._cd", it works on my Windows 8.1 PC. Despite, the setup file is 16-bit (not compatible on 64-bit systems), i install it on a VM and transfer it on a USB and transfer it to HDD.

System Specs:

CPU
Intel i5-Core 2.4Ghz

RAM
4 GB (for average modern gaming and for some low-end games)

Video Card
ASUS AMD Radeon HD 5450 2048MB (used for retro and modern gaming)

Sound Card
Realtek High Definition Audio

OS
Windows 8.1 64-Bit

Motherboard
Intel

System Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-Core 2.4Ghz, RAM: 4 GB, Video Card: ASUS AMD Radeon HD 5450 2048MB, Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio, OS: Windows 8.1 64-Bit, Motherboard: Intel

Currently Playing: SimCity 4 Deluxe, You Don't Know Jack Vol.1

Reply 1 of 1, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It is probably looking for a config file or Registry entry that points to your CD drive letter. Simply copying the game's folder will not add the registry entries or any external config files. Also, any config files that are copied with the game's folder, will be wrong if any of the paths are different than on your VM than on your Win8.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers