VOGONS

Common searches

Far Cry

Topic actions

Reply 160 of 389, by CookiePLMonster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Right, by now I'm pretty sure VSync can never work, at least with patch 1.4 - r_VSync configuration option is not even read in time, by the time it gets read D3D device is long created and can't be changed without resetting!

This is nasty but I'm pretty sure I can work it around. Won't be as clean of a fix as I hoped it would be (not a fan of hacking things around and hoping they will not fall apart), but finding original VSync proved to be very tiresome (how complex can enumerating display modes be!?). Workaround I have in mind is going to be relatively safe too, so very unlikely any side effects will show up.

EDIT:
While I'm at it, any info about mouse being allegedly broken? I'm yet to encounter it on Win10, but from what I heard it's a fairly widespread issue.

Reply 162 of 389, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah, another thing, if you have time: can you check the behaviour of the engine, setting "g_maxfps" to some value?
'cause to limit the game to 65 FPS.....you must set "35" :p

Maybe the good solution for this game (on a Win 10 system/installation) is to cap the framerate and running it in borderless fullscreen mode (windowed+Borderless Gaming app), as for other Cry Engine game (Crysis, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, etc.) to avoid problem with the wrong monitor refresh rate detected.

Reply 163 of 389, by CookiePLMonster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lowenz wrote:

Ah, another thing, if you have time: can you check the behaviour of the engine, setting "g_maxfps" to some value?
'cause to limit the game to 65 FPS.....you must set "35" :p

I'm not sure if it's worth it - this seems to be almost exactly a 2x multiplier (maxfps=15 for 30FPS etc.), plus I now fixed VSync 😀 It works fine with both windowed and fullscreen modes, in both 32-bit (1.4) and 64-bit (1.32) versions.

There is one last thing I am curious about... I consistently crash on loading screen if I... scroll my mouse! Sounds like a silly bug, maybe it's not hard to fix.

About mouse - I really don't know, I only heard it "doesn't work" and "resetting mouse settings to default" helps - but I never encountered this issue myself.

EDIT:
Wheel scroll crashing loading fixed! Only affected 1.4, so 32-bit build.
I also now fixed an exit crash/freeze with a 64-bit build.

Reply 166 of 389, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CookiePLMonster wrote:

About mouse - I really don't know, I only heard it "doesn't work" and "resetting mouse settings to default" helps - but I never encountered this issue myself.

This problem appeared to me after patching the game to version 1.4.

I have the european 1.0 release and I had to patch it like this:

1.0 -> 1.3 -> 1.31 -> 1.32 -> 1.33 -> 1.4

Afterwards, the mouse will stop working, but after resetting the controls to default it will magically work. 🤣

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 168 of 389, by CookiePLMonster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So it sounds like a configuration error... when I heard about the issue it sounded like it's reproducible and happens every time you launch the game. But if it's like this (resetting once helps), then it's really not an issue.

Reply 169 of 389, by CookiePLMonster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The patch is now out!

https://github.com/CookiePLMonster/SilentPatc … FarCry/releases

Copypasting the changelog from GitHub:

Water reflections now work as expected on modern Windows versions
Vertical Sync option now works as expected - it used to be ignored by the game completely, defaulting to VSync off
Fixed a crash occuring when using a mouse scroll wheel during loading screens
Fixed a crash/freeze on exit when using a 64-bit executable

-64bit commandline option has been added - when it's used, the game will always attempt to launch using a 64-bit executable. This is useful for getting a 64-bit version of the game to work via Steam, as previously it was required to swap files around.

Reply 171 of 389, by Colek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey,

I've noticed your thread when I was just starting to play Far Cry on my first playthrough and I've waited to install your patch once it's released, but I played through game a bit. I don't think the patch is working properly for me or I am doing something wrong.

I've got Far Cry on Steam, I've installed 1.4 Patch, then 64-bit patch along with Enhanced Content patch. I am also running FCAM (FarCry Addon Mod) 1.999 and Unofficial FarCry Patch 1.505.

This is how it looks in-game for me.

yvis6LWl.jpg
dcQtCTDl.jpg

My Steam command-line options are

-64bit -MOD:FCAM -DEVMODE

Any idea what went wrong? 😜

Reply 172 of 389, by CookiePLMonster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You shouldn't need to install 1.4 on Steam version - it already comes as 1.4.

As for the issues... do you have DPI scaling? It looks like so - you should try disabling DPI scaling for the game via Compatibility tab and see if it helps. If it does, I can do it programmatically in the next build of SPFC (if that ever happens).

EDIT:
Important thing to note - is this as broken without the patch too?

Reply 173 of 389, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I see you, Silent 😁 https://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/4165 … s-far-cry#27284

Well well, I have a proposal/suggestion: join (privately) Dege's dgVoodoo2 project (it's closed source) and begin to create the d3d9->d3d11 wrapper to implement fix like this (we can already gather some other issues to solve, see Chaos Theory thermal vision shader).

A D3D10/10.1 and D3D11 passthroughs are also needed (to apply some dgVoodoo2 functions) :p

Reply 174 of 389, by VS11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
CookiePLMonster wrote:
The patch is now out! […]
Show full quote

The patch is now out!

Unfortunately the reflections don't work. They do work however with the WineD3D wrapper.

Tested on a DVD retail version of Far Cry version 1.32 x64 bit + Exclusive Content update x64, Nvidia GPU, Windows 7 x64.

It would be great if it can be fixed since the wrapper has a huge impact on the fps drop.

Reply 175 of 389, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VS11 wrote:
Unfortunately the reflections don't work. They do work however with the WineD3D wrapper. […]
Show full quote
CookiePLMonster wrote:
The patch is now out! […]
Show full quote

The patch is now out!

Unfortunately the reflections don't work. They do work however with the WineD3D wrapper.

Tested on a DVD retail version of Far Cry version 1.32 x64 bit + Exclusive Content update x64, Nvidia GPU, Windows 7 x64.

It would be great if it can be fixed since the wrapper has a huge impact on the fps drop.

They work!
The fix should be put in bin32/bin64 folder!

Reply 177 of 389, by VS11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Unfortunately this silent patch(tested on the fort level, great one to test console commands on) does not reflect the landmass. Rocks, vegetation, trees, objects, sky, clouds, sun appear reflected just like without applying it. The 2 files were copied correctly to the Bin64 folder since it was tested on a 1.32 x64 version.

Like mentioned above the WineD3D wrapper works but introduces a severe fps drop.

Reply 179 of 389, by VS11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lowenz wrote:

You can literally see the landmass reflected in the screenshot above....(1.4 32 bit)

I noticed that a few days ago when you first posted the screenshot. Unfortunately, on the specs specified above, the landmass reflection and v-sync don't work.