VOGONS

Common searches

Bad Mojo and The Neverhood

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 42, by ElectricMonk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Do I need to check any of the additional compatibility modes below the "run in this compatability mode" dialog box? I tried just using Win 95, 98SE, XP SP3, and then ran test, but all three crashed.

Reply 41 of 42, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ElectricMonk wrote:

Yes, that's EXACTLY what it says. It won't even complete the install. It says that I'm using QT7 and I *must* uninstall it, and install QT6.

So it says, "You are using QT7 and *must* uninstall it, and install QT6" ?

Often, a useful technique in diagnosing an error message is to Google for the text of the message, but that won't work without the exact text.

EDIT, the reason I still use QT7 is because I have a boatload of CBT Nuggets/Infinite Skills courses for CCNP, CCIE, VMWare, and CISSP cert classes, and VLC needs QT7 to play the videos.

This is the first time I've ever heard of VLC requiring an external program to be able to play something. I would be inclined to believe VLC would still be able to play the videos without QT7.

Regardless, what if you uninstall QT7, install Bad Mojo Redux, and then re-install QT7?

Reply 42 of 42, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ElectricMonk wrote:

Do I need to check any of the additional compatibility modes below the "run in this compatability mode" dialog box? I tried just using Win 95, 98SE, XP SP3, and then ran test, but all three crashed.

If you're testing each flag individually do not check these as they are combinations of several other flags and may interfere in the final result.