VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I installed Incoming (original retail CD) fine on my new Win8.1 64bit machine, but when I run the game (even using the -screenmode command prompt) I get a Windows border around the screen, plus GSYNC doesn't engage (showing it's not truely fullscreen).

I've seen a handful of people mention this online, but no definitive fixes. I tried many of the other command prompts and even looked into dxwnd, tweaking the path as dxwnd is set up for GOG's version of Incoming. However that threw some error about being unable to start the game.

Secondly, many textures are a bit broken in-game, with transparent areas in places they shouldn't be (e.g. on certain textures on spacecraft).

Anyone know of any things I could try? Just wondering.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 2 of 3, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Okay I succeeded with Borderless Gaming 😀 also used it to rid the borders from Shadows Of The Empire, simply alt-tabbed out of each game once it was running, opened Borderless Gaming and added incoming.exe (and shadows.exe) to the app.

Lovely!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 3 of 3, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Even better fix: use dgVoodoo's DX replacement files, as it fixes the border, fast framerate, see-through graphics, etc! http://dege.freeweb.hu/