VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Ferdish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys, it's me again.

Thanks to filipetolhuizen, aqrit and others I managed to solve my problem with two cursors. However, my problems with Racer are far from over.

First one - every time I quit the game, launch it again and load my profile, all my Lap records and 3-lap race records in every single track are nullified, like I have never race those tracks before! It's been almost 12 years ago since I have played this game last time, but I don't remeber this bug.

Second problem is far more serious than the first one. First few races were OK, but I have encountered an insurmountable obstacle while racing on Ando Prime. During the race, when I enter the first cave on the track (cca 30s after the start), my screen just suddendly turns white, all I can see is HUD (ass seen on Figure), after few seconds the whole game freezes and have to kill it via Ctrl+Alt+Del. Tracks on this planet are situated quite early in the game (Amateur tournament - race #3, Semi-pro tournament race #2), therefore it prevents me from advancing in the game. I truly don't know what to do, I just hope someone of you do.

Figure:
whitescreen.jpg

Reply 2 of 3, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This game is buggy as hell. I have it installed on my powermac and I have to load my key setup everytime I run the game. It always starts up with everything unassigned. I never had to do that on the demo.

Reply 3 of 3, by Ferdish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for being dumb for not using that patch before. I rewrited the launcher and now it works perfectly!

Now I just have to figure out those erased records and I'll be happier than Hitler in a maternity hospital 🤣 🤣 🤣