VOGONS

Common searches

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 120 of 188, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SpooferJahk wrote:

Komat, you are a god for this, seriously I never thought the first two Splinter Cell games would get love for fixing but it seems that you are the answer for making these games work properly again. Once you finish fixing Pandora Tomorrow and hopefully try to fix the first game, we will now have the definitive versions of the Splinter Cell trilogy playable on PC with all the bells and whistles. Keep up the good work!

Up 😁

Reply 121 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So , today i decided to upgrade the driver(nvidia) to the latest available 353.xx something.

After i played GTA5 for a while, i played a SC level, Jerusalem. Things got interesting when i noticed that in some area a new glitch appeared. I'am certain that this wasnt there before.(will revert at some point to a previous driver to see if i am wrong and edit this post)

When i approach the light that i knew is troublesome i noticed that other appeared.

The first pic is with the new light , closest one.
http://imgur.com/8C6zNeW

Second is how it should be.
http://imgur.com/S9gAxev

I dont know if this can help, but who knows.

Last edited by daniel_u on 2015-06-18, 06:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 122 of 188, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
philscomputerlab wrote:

I tried various drivers from 77.77 to 169.21 without issues. Then driver 178.13 and the lights and shadows didn't work anymore. Tried a few drivers up to 307.83 and the same issue.

Could be this issue?

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 124 of 188, by notindeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Could the wrapper be adapted to the first game too? Or did they completely change the way it does shadow buffers are implemented?
And does it only work with nvidia cards?

If you still need someone to test the game on ATI hardware then i have both 9600 pro and x1950 pro AGP cards if that's any help. Will have to look about getting the game.

From what i understand from this topic, the difference with ATI cards is that they lack soft shadows so the shadows look a bit worse but apart from that the game should be identical to intended?

The first game is a completely different matter though hahahaha!

Reply 125 of 188, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've got my XP machine with 7900 GTX setup again, so if anyone wants me to test anything, please attach some save games and I'd be happy to.

On YouTube someone mentioned issues with water reflections in a very late level and that only the FX card displays it correctly, so I want to check this out.

Also wondering if there could be a difference between playing under Windows 98 vs XP? Maybe for the first Splinter Cell?

Reply 126 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've got my XP machine with 7900 GTX setup again, so if anyone wants me to test anything, please attach some save games and I'd be happy to.

You could test Splinter cell 1 with 7900 GTX and driver 94.20 and check if shadows are ok. In my tests it seems ok but i dont have a base of comparison yet or experience with this game.

Also you can test with your 5950 ultra the TV station level and tell me if the 3 lights are the same as Xbox video.

PLease see here the scene i would like you to check here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCDXzSAAi0Y&i … 81492B4E3946DA1 at 08.15

@notindeed why not you can check the scene for SC2 also. !

Thanks

Reply 128 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Then there's no need . I already tested with a 7950gx2 and 6800 gt and what i'am after renders the same.
Did you test SC1 with nvidia 7900 series? I didnt mange to see that in other threads/posts. just gf3 -gf FX.

Also can you reupload the walkthrough for the SC1? I would also like to begin some comparison with a 7950gx2.
With 6800 GT it fails to render corectly whatever driver i try.

Reply 130 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just donwload them from the internet 😀. Here some good ones: http://www.savemygame.fr/en/View-details/S/28 … row_by_JCH.html
Are you sure it's not compatible? I did some tests and i could see all the shadows(compared it with your videos) in the training level. I'am going to post some pics in the appropaiate thread and continue talk there.

Reply 131 of 188, by notindeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone know how to get alchemy universal to work with these games?

With Pandora Tomorrow, EAX is still greyed out and unselectable whereas wiith the original Splinter Cell, if i add it to the Alchemy Universal games list then the game crashes with a general protection fault.

Does anyone know what parameters i need to change in the ini files to increase the pixel res of the shadows and other such tweaks? Or are those only adjustible in the first game?

Btw cool work on the wrapper, seems to even add more lighting than i get normally with my x1950 and also doesn't have the horrible hard edges to the shadows that happen with ati cards.

Could it be adapted to the original game? In shadow buffer mode on more modern nvidia hardware on win7 you get crazy colours for the shadows (and some can be missing, same with light beams etc). It all sounds very similar to pandora tomorrow.

See: nX9VTHz.jpg

Or does Pandora Tomorrow use shadow projections instead of shadow buffers? (Or even, shadow projections for ati but shadow buffers for nvidia but they evened out both paths so that unlike the first game, the projections aren't inferior? (well except for the hard pixel edges).

Thanks!

Reply 132 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Regarding Alchemy i had the same problem in SC1 and SC2. The solution for me was to install the drivers from creative website, there are other on the web, bloated ones ,do not rember the name.
EAX in SCPT must be activated also in config files. Look for something regarding eax and set it to 1.

Shadows resolution cant be changed. The exe must be hacked. I know how to do it but i dont know what to look for. 😀
The rest of the questions depend on Komat. 😀

Reply 133 of 188, by notindeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm i'm not using Alchemy but Alchemy Universal - to be honest i've never gotten it to work but i've never really tried. I have xfi on my xp machine so i haven't needed it.

But i'd like to get an understanding of how to hack around getting EAX and HRTF and things working properly on any machine as i think with that information, a lot of people would be shocked at how good games can sound as they previously have only used awful stereo mixes.

Plus it would mean for a new pc i don't have t try and find a motherboard with a PCI slot for my extremegamer card!

-------------
Edit - concerning xfi on windows xp:

Oh btw, what does the virtualisation setting do? I heard that it's for in game HRTF. I also read in some patch notes that you shouldn't set it to low or high if you are using surround sound speakers (4 or more it says). But it doesn't actually tell you what low or high actually does.

Anyway does this mean that you should turn off CMSS-3D?
Or is it only using this virtualisation setting for people without dedicated sound cards, for example if you have DirectSound3D off?

Also wonder what i should tell windows / creative drivers in terms of how many speakers i have. I heard in many games you're meant to set it so that windows thinks you have 5.1 / 7.1 system but then in the creative control panel you set it to headphones and CMSS-3D on. Or is this nonsense.
I think this is a work around for games that don't give the card 3d sound information unless you trick the game into thinking you have more than 2 speakers. Or am I incorrect?

Thanks!

Reply 135 of 188, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
notindeed wrote:

I heard in many games you're meant to set it so that windows thinks you have 5.1 / 7.1 system but then in the creative control panel you set it to headphones and CMSS-3D on. Or is this nonsense.
I think this is a work around for games that don't give the card 3d sound information unless you trick the game into thinking you have more than 2 speakers. Or am I incorrect?

Yes.
The trick is to set 5.1 BUT activating only the L and R channel for the mixdown. Example: Skyrim badly needs this trick.

But some games can have issues too: in my experience the last 2 Wolfenstein (TNO and TOB) seem to prefer stereo mix in Windows if you have only 2 speakers.

Reply 136 of 188, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SC and PT sound nothing like Chaos Theory. I'm not sure what's going on, but I wouldn't worry to much if it doesn't sound like proper surround over headphone. I play on original hardware with Windows XP. For SC I use an Audigy 2 and for PT a PCIe X-Fi Titanium.

Reply 137 of 188, by notindeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lowenz wrote:

Huh it says in their notes that EAX isn't supported?

-------------------------------------------------

Btw i just tried the wrapper on windows XP with my x1950 pro.
Now strictly speaking you could say that it is uneccessary, however i was hoping it would soften the shadows like others reported on newer ati systems.

It doesn't appear to work though, still hard shadows and i get this error in the log file:

Call failed 0x8876086c

It's probably not supposed to work with my config but in case this is useful to anyone i thought i'd pass it on.

Reply 138 of 188, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
notindeed wrote:
lowenz wrote:

Huh it says in their notes that EAX isn't supported?

It's an alternative to Alchemy: http://www.indirectsound.com/games.html

IndirectSound _does_ emulate EAX support, however.
In other words, IndirectSound will pretend that EAX is supported
so that games using IndirectSound will _think_ that EAX is available.
This is useful for games that don't do any 3D positional calculations
when EAX isn't supported.

(Actual emulation of EAX is not out of the question,
but there are no current plans to implement it.)

There are two versions of EAX with emulated support:
* EAX 1.0
* EAX 2.0
Support for later versions of EAX is not yet emulated.

To emulate support for a specific EAX version
set the corresponding value to "true" (with no quotes), e.g.:

eax2 = true

To disable emulated support set the value to false.

Disabling EAX has the same effect as setting the
"Hardware Acceleration" slider in the control panel to "Standard"
on older versions of Windows.

]]

eax1 = true
eax2 = true

Reply 139 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Today i managed to get hold of GF 4400 Ti and i began do some quick tests.
Well it plays the same as a 7950gx2 but it seems that the gf 4 Ti displays an extra effect.

Effect here:
http://i.imgur.com/1QbXWrS.jpg
Xbox source :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-qlq-2fbV4&i … 81492B4E3946DA1. See min 1.21.
PC source GF4 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THwOE_b1EeU. See min 12.21.

Lack of it:
http://i.imgur.com/sDcLLZS.jpg
PC Source 7800 GTX:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEo8GkSwoPE. See min 12.01

As you can see there is no distortion on the walls, below. There is no haze.