VOGONS

Common searches

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 180 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote:
New fix :D […]
Show full quote

New fix 😁

https://github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixes … leases/tag/scpt

Now with automatic widescreen support and full resolution night vision!

[MAIN]
ResX = 0
ResY = 0
ForceShadowBufferMode = 1 // Use with d3d8 wrapper that comes with this fix or any other that fixes the issue.
FMVWidescreenMode = 1 // Cutscenes and movies will be fullscreen.
HudWidescreenMode = 1 // Makes certain hud elements offset to screen edges.
OpsatWidescreenMode = 0 // Makes opsat overlay widescreen by stretching it's center part.
WidescreenHudOffset = 140.0 // This is the default offset for 16:9. For lower aspect ratios adjusted automatically, for higher you may change it manually.
PostProcessFixedScale = 1 // Game uses 512 by default. Increasing the value makes night vision mode render in higher resolution. If set to 1, ResX will be used instead.

Thanks. One step closer to perfection. 😀 Actually there are more, but i'm happy now. That low res night vision was crap and pain in the a** for a long time.

Cheers.

Reply 182 of 188, by Deathstruck

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you very much for the fixes! I just discovered this thread and it helped me a lot since I managed to dig out my old retail box of Pandora Tomorrow and it naturally acted all wonky on Windows 10.

Although one thing (unrelated to the fixes) seems to be broken for me in the game. Whenever there is an ingame conversation, the subtitle box in top left reads "null" and sometimes there's even some kind of error like this in the box:

b070bac7bc8a.jpg

This happens only during conversations when Sam talks to someone in front of him or if guards talk to each other etc., not when it involves Lambert, Grim etc. I am also playing in English.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Or know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Reply 183 of 188, by Kosmonaut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Game crashes out on windows 10 when I try to launch, with the following error:

LockRect failed: 88760868

History: UD3DRenderDevice::ReadPixels <- UD3DRenderDevice::Present <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Anyone know how to fix?

Reply 185 of 188, by gameragodzilla

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For some reason, installing the fix doesn't work. My copy just flat out will not launch unless I remove the script folder with all the stuff inside.

Unfortunate because I want the full resolution night vision because the jaggies are pretty annoying but antialiasing kills my framerate.

Reply 186 of 188, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

*Do NOT use the d3d8.dll (and the d3d8.ini) of the widescreen fix, use the dgVoodoo2 ones.
*my WD script ("ForceShadowBufferMode" is for SC1, so 0 or 1 doesn't matter for SC2):

[MAIN]
ResX = 0
ResY = 0
ForceShadowBufferMode = 0 // Use with d3d8 wrapper that comes with this fix or any other that fixes the issue.
FMVWidescreenMode = 1 // Cutscenes and movies will be fullscreen.
HudWidescreenMode = 1 // Makes certain hud elements offset to screen edges.
OpsatWidescreenMode = 0 // Makes opsat overlay widescreen by stretching it's center part.
WidescreenHudOffset = 140.0 // This is the default offset for 16:9. For lower aspect ratios adjusted automatically, for higher you may change it manually.
PostProcessFixedScale = 1 // Game uses 512 by default. Increasing the value makes night vision mode render in higher resolution. If set to 1, ResX will be used instead.

Reply 187 of 188, by gameragodzilla

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've gotten the fix working as more old Core.dll was modified and that's why it had issues, but now I'm having issues where reflections aren't working properly at high resolution night vision (the resolution is shrunk and displayed in the top left), and the optical cam has a ridiculously high FOV to the point that distance objects are difficult to see properly now and everything is distorted.

Guess those are just things that require fixing.

Reply 188 of 188, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gameragodzilla wrote:

I've gotten the fix working as more old Core.dll was modified and that's why it had issues, but now I'm having issues where reflections aren't working properly at high resolution night vision (the resolution is shrunk and displayed in the top left), and the optical cam has a ridiculously high FOV to the point that distance objects are difficult to see properly now and everything is distorted.

Guess those are just things that require fixing.

???

Splinter_Cell2_2016_09_11_10_55_29_506.png

Splinter_Cell2_2016_09_11_10_57_15_633.png