VOGONS

Common searches

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 160 of 188, by Darkness Knight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
daniel_u wrote:

Sorry i dont understand what are you trying to tell me.
I already made a list of bugs :Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow , 5th post or so.

Sorry, my english is terrible! Il'l check you post, thanks!

philscomputerlab wrote:

That's a LOT of screenshots!

Did you play this game so quickly?

Using saves & checkpoints 😉

TIP:

A Geforce 7950GT is not enough for mantein 60fps all the time (1920x1080/High Quality/AF16X), BUT this game supports Triple Buffering (don't work forcing it via nvidia panel) this helps a lot, comparison:

SplinterCell2.ini
[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
Line 103 "UseTripleBuffering=True" (Default: False)

Disabled
XGbbnRhl.png

Enabled
PAXlwU5l.png

Disabled
WQFpPGBl.png

Enabled
YesIuDrl.png

Disabled
IQItTjll.png

Enabled
9NSyA3Ql.png

Disabled
YCzAJNCl.png

Enabled
7qIAqCnl.png

See the difference? (FPS, GPU Load)

Salu2 - Darkness Knight.

- Canal de Youtube - Blog de Emulación

Reply 161 of 188, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

16:9 support isn't great, with the HUD stretching. Best played at 1600 x 1200 max. But as we found out a while ago, there are graphical effects that are hardly visible at high resolutions 😀

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 162 of 188, by Darkness Knight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
philscomputerlab wrote:

16:9 support isn't great, with the HUD stretching. Best played at 1600 x 1200 max. But as we found out a while ago, there are graphical effects that are hardly visible at high resolutions 😀

In really is best played at 640x480 as in XBOX =P, btw, more screens:

tzM4s1El.png
2lV6UaPl.png
UkuosIcl.png
BVlDS1Pl.png
fqokUMNl.png
MsSMQBEl.png
m5ZAIvnl.png
IqBAFBJl.png
Sg6lEoOl.png
BBQ6kUfl.png
Cr3L3awl.png
LsLrq8Kl.png
TqDz6uJl.png
uAcCT2ml.png
Kn25hAdl.png
udzcWFDl.png
soGebgjl.png
5cpHUnol.png
GTmWKWXl.png
xUvpbC2l.png
cfxi2H0l.png
G5Smgubl.png
hWhjAeXl.png
G8HlQcSl.png
8C4RRD9l.png
Tf3Xo9Xl.png
3uydSQwl.png
fFjfz0Ul.png
PS83h4il.png
iDJX8Enl.png
AoobLaOl.png
djJs2B8l.png
99ElVrNl.png
XdAxUD4l.png
9rLtflSl.png
6QOF8mal.png
qbKOhAKl.png
AGGGMbpl.png
MclFRDAl.png
ZiqwO6Yl.png
pYtpcZml.png
3Jzqdjzl.png
ieZbC2pl.png
juPrGZMl.png
KDFtBbXl.png
F53iJb1l.png
51mAF5Ql.png
5UAradFl.png
67xxdGal.png
lfLlfYHl.png
inNYcAhl.png
4inXFzkl.png
obOVINRl.png
vhJbRJJl.png
vFAADnkl.png
2SwryP8l.png
zlfjfbol.png
6av7v3Kl.png
S9AfHBal.png

Salu2 - Darkness Knight.

- Canal de Youtube - Blog de Emulación

Reply 164 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, one more time 😀

Win XP: 169.xx or below you dont need the wrapper. It will play normal. This is the orignal state to which i compare
From 169.xx upwards , without wrapper, you'll have no shadows. With wrapper you'll have the shadows , lights back.

Now, if you play(i know only geforce cards) with Nvidia cards below 7950gx2(included) +169.xx game works and plays normal.

New cards above 7950gx2 will not play the game even with the correct drivers. Using the wrapper with new cards , will restore 95% of shadows and lights but some issues appear. You can see some issues in my list.
Playing with old cards + new drivers + wrapper you'll play the game normal. Somehow there are no issues.

The same for Win 7.

I really dont understand what issues are you talking about !!! Why so many print screens?

Reply 166 of 188, by supraspecies

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Komat's wrapper crashes for me almost all the time under Windows XP when I get to the main menu. No such problem in Windows 7. But I'm not gonna use the wrapper if it completely cripples my game under XP. Any insight on this? Or even a fix?

Game just quits to desktop. But it doesn't happen *all* the time, just *most* of the time. NVIDIA driver 260.99, GeForce 9600M GT.

Reply 167 of 188, by Licentious Howler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
supraspecies wrote:

Komat's wrapper crashes for me almost all the time under Windows XP when I get to the main menu. No such problem in Windows 7. But I'm not gonna use the wrapper if it completely cripples my game under XP. Any insight on this? Or even a fix?

Game just quits to desktop. But it doesn't happen *all* the time, just *most* of the time. NVIDIA driver 260.99, GeForce 9600M GT.

I think some of the previous posts implied that the wrapper can work under XP reliably, but it was intended for newer cards and newer drivers. Is that the newest driver available for that card? Might help if you can get a newer driver...

Reply 168 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Remember the last version is 0.05 not even 0.1.It's a very early beta.
It works good on win 7. On win Xp i dont think i had a crash. You can check the logs the wrapper has created it and list the content here.
I believe he will return to this project some time in the near feature, i hope.

Reply 169 of 188, by Jonahsniper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried Komat's wrapper on SC1 with my GTX770.It's going well until the CIA HQ found there are still lights missing.

w/ buffer shadow
WkhJIool.jpg

w/ projector shadow
b1K6fcsl.jpg

Otherwise, the the buffer shadow effects are decent.
Lz7PoCAl.jpg

The projector shadow is good, but I would prefer to see the buffer shadow that are original designed, so I do hoping this issue could be solve one day.
I am happy to see someone willing to do the efforts to fix this, thank you Komat.
Expecting your next release.

Reply 170 of 188, by SpooferJahk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

While this is a thread for Pandora Tomorrow, I wanted to post this discovery with the original game. Recently the new version of dgvoodoo2 came out and one of the features it boasts is support for DirectX8 games, so I decided to try it with the original game and it is SO close to running Splinter Cell with the intended shadow effects. It has issues with textures and the occasional lighting effect disappearing though so it is far from being acceptable, but I snagged a shot that shows how close it is to getting the real deal through that wrapper:
CLOSE.png

Reply 171 of 188, by Nuke11

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Folks, I'm hoping you can help me. I have a retail copy of the game, but I cannot get it to run. Can it run on Windows 10? I can't find anything on the internet about that, so I was hoping you could help. Specifically, I can get the main menu to run (i.e., pandora.exe), but if I try to run single or multiplayer, the menu closes and I'm back to the desktop. Trying to run the executables directly (e.g., splintercell2.exe) results in nothing happening. I don't even get an error message, they just don't do anything. I've tried everything I can think of, like compatibility mode and running as admin, but nothing works. Am I doing something wrong or is Windows 10 just SCPT unfriendly?

Reply 172 of 188, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A short search confirms my suspicion: SCPT uses SafeDisc DRM, and Windows removed support for SafeDisc.
If that's the reason the game doesn't run your options are:
- Use an older Windows version. (For Vista through 8.1 you still need to enable the secdrv service.)
- Search for an update/patch which removes the DRM.
- Get a no-CD crack.
- Check if you can get the game on GOG/Steam/whatever. Such a version should be patched to run on a current OS.

Reply 174 of 188, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nuke11 wrote:

idspispopd you're a lifesaver! You were exactly right, the DRM issue is what prevents PT from nominally running on Windows 10. Installation of a no CD patched .exe allows the game to run now.

Thanks a lot!

.....and allow use this: https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#sec6 (PS3 textures @ the same site, click on the arrow)

Reply 176 of 188, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SpooferJahk wrote:

While this is a thread for Pandora Tomorrow, I wanted to post this discovery with the original game. Recently the new version of dgvoodoo2 came out and one of the features it boasts is support for DirectX8 games, so I decided to try it with the original game and it is SO close to running Splinter Cell with the intended shadow effects. It has issues with textures and the occasional lighting effect disappearing though so it is far from being acceptable, but I snagged a shot that shows how close it is to getting the real deal through that wrapper:

I couldn't yet figure out what the problem is with buffer shadows in SC1, so dgvoodoo only works with projected textures for now.
(ForceShadowMode = 0 in SplinterCell.ini)

Reply 177 of 188, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RoyBatty wrote:

Any games with Securom, Tages, CD-Cops, SafeDisc, StarForce, JoWood and other protections will not run on Windows 10. They announced they finally closed that stack overflow exploit some months ago.

That might encourage more to build a Splinter Cell Retro PC 😀

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 178 of 188, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A retro PC ? Yes and No.
Yes, because Dege's wrapper still got some issues in Splinter cell PT. Light color is wrong This is present in Komat wrapper only in 3 places. In Dege's wrapper this is game wide.Some issues needs at least to be investigated.
On the other hand, well, he fixed the shadows fully(i didnt tested new levels yet..but all seems to be there) and the most important the shadows are not ugly anymore. The shadows are smooth, i think. This last one no video card can do right. Not even Geforce 4. Kudos. Also we need to give Komat credit for his work.
I think you'll need a GF 2 or 3.
If you play like me at 4k, you need some serious hardware and it's crashes ocasionally.
With SC PT some issue are so old that people think it's normal.
For example i remember a site, now is no more, where someone talked about the Jakarta TV station level where you reach a scene with 3 colored lights. Red Green Blue. Those lights have some issues ,on all cards starting GF 3 and up , they have some geometric figures in them, some light beams. I've talked about this in both the threads. The xbox original is the only hardware that it can render this ok. The PC once did it too.
By the way i did bought a xbox 360 and xbox original recently. 😉

Splinter Cell , well, without GF 4 Ti 4600/4800 non SE, you cant experince the game fully. And even with GF4 there are some areas with missing shadows and lights.

Reply 179 of 188, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

New fix 😁

https://github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixes … leases/tag/scpt

Now with automatic widescreen support and full resolution night vision!

[MAIN]
ResX = 0
ResY = 0
ForceShadowBufferMode = 1 // Use with d3d8 wrapper that comes with this fix or any other that fixes the issue.
FMVWidescreenMode = 1 // Cutscenes and movies will be fullscreen.
HudWidescreenMode = 1 // Makes certain hud elements offset to screen edges.
OpsatWidescreenMode = 0 // Makes opsat overlay widescreen by stretching it's center part.
WidescreenHudOffset = 140.0 // This is the default offset for 16:9. For lower aspect ratios adjusted automatically, for higher you may change it manually.
PostProcessFixedScale = 1 // Game uses 512 by default. Increasing the value makes night vision mode render in higher resolution. If set to 1, ResX will be used instead.