VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Note: this applies to the Europress UK release at least. Not sure if it'll work for the US SegaSoft version.

1. Make a folder on your PC to install the game to, e.g. c:\games\planecrazy
2. Open CD-ROM
2. Open the "Plane Crazy" folder
3. Copy the "Data" folder into your install folder, e.g. c:\games\planecrazy
4. On the CD-ROM, open the folder of the language you wish to install (e.g. "English")
5. Copy the "Local" folder into the Data\DataMin folder on your PC, e.g. c:\games\planecrazy\Data\DataMin
6. In the PC folder, go back up to the root planecrazy folder, e.g. c:\games\planecrazy\
7. On the CD-ROM, copy these files from the language folder that's already open, to the PC folder: chubsc.ico, IFORCE2.dll, PCrazy.exe, pcrazy.ini, Readme.txt
8. Download the 1.1 patch (e.g. from http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/3166). The patch zip file should contain 3 items, a "data" folder, changes.txt and pcrazy.exe, copy all 3 into your PC folder, e.g. c:\games\planecrazy and overwrite as necessary
9. Create a text file and enter the following into it. IMPORTANT: if you're installing to a non-64 bit system, remove the parts that say "\Wow6432Node". Also: change the paths to reflect where you installed the game, if it's not in c:\games\planecrazy (but remember to keep the double \\'s). One more thing: change the "sNotBovine" value to the letter your CD is installed in, or the game will fail the CD check:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Europress\Plane Crazy]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Europress\Plane Crazy\1.0]
"language"=dword:00000001
"Installed"=dword:00000001
"sPath_DataMin"="c:\\games\\planecrazy\\data\\datamin"
"sPath_DataMax"="c:\\games\\planecrazy\\data\\datamax"
"sNotBovine"="E:"

Save it as planecrazy.reg somewhere. Locate this planecrazy.reg file and double-click it to install the registry strings.

10. Go back to the PC folder and double-click PCrazy.exe to run. It should work now (you can right-click drag a shortcut to this if you wish).

NOTE: the game options window lists resolutions above 1024x768, but if you select them the game will switch back to 640x480, as it doesn't support them. Also, the game runs full screen with a border, so use a program like BorderlessGaming (applied to Pcrazy.exe) - if you then run with a resolution above 640x480 (i.e. 800x600 or 1024x768) then the border should disappear.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 1 of 6, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also: to get full framerate on Win8 or Win8.1, follow Jack Fauste's first method here (Application Compatibility Toolkit), as the replacement DDRAW.dll won't work (it won't show any graphics devices in the in-game setup menu): http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php? … 77&post=1202630

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 2 of 6, by RomulusCZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. I don't understand everything you said in this tutorial. I mean things like: "On the CD-ROM, copy these files from the language folder that's already open, to the PC folder: chubsc.ico, IFORCE2.dll, PCrazy.exe, pcrazy.ini, Readme.txt" There are not any files like PCrazy.exe or IFORCE2.dll. Pls I you can help me, then add me on steam or somewhere else. My Steam account: "lukaskamba" I would be very grateful if you could explain what i exactly should do. I borrowed original cd from my uncle. There was a full version of the game Plane Crazy and some other demos. Pls help 😀

Reply 3 of 6, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It sounds like you have a different CD, mine is the original UK version of the game (which I actually bought in Seattle, USA!). If your CD has Plane Crazy and demos then the Plane Crazy game might be in a sub-folder on the CD-ROM, or compressed in a different way, so I may not be able to help with this.

Try searching the CD-ROM for "PCrazy.exe"

Reply 5 of 6, by RomulusCZ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey I've got an idea! Do you still have that cd from that game? If you have it, you can copy files from cd and upload them somewhere. Then I'll download those files and that's all 😁 I can put those files on cd if it is necessary. 😁 Yeah and one more thing. I use Win10 now. I hope it will also work on Win10 too. 😁