VOGONS

Reply 20 of 133, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Don't forget to give it a cool name like tuxPowerVR or MidasWrap or SGLPower or something 😜

Please, by all means, spam away on this topic.

Arrgh on the ATI3DCIF loss 🙁

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 22 of 133, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Head's up Tuxality:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=209567
http://sourceforge.net/projects/glcif/
http://sourceforge.net/p/glcif/code/ci/master/tree/
License: unknown

Stiletto

Reply 24 of 133, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tuxality wrote:

Nice, but this one is not mine. Sadly I didn't had that much time to play with this. 😒

Sorry, didn't mean to make you disappointed or depressed about it, was just trying to inform. Please keep working on your projects, it's much appreciated 😀

Stiletto

Reply 25 of 133, by Tuxality

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hehe no problem, actually it's good to see that there are other people involved in developing wrappers for APIs less common than Glide. Yeah, I'm focused actually more on NV1 wrapper because it's much harder to develop this one and I really like challenges. Also SGL wrapper needs to be rewritten because of Biohazard. 😀 I know I'm repeating myself, but I really would like to have more free time, as it was before... 🙁

Reply 26 of 133, by Tuxality

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Small update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjXqwB8Q9Ew

Like in the description, thanks to one person at Vogons I managed to get Japanese version of Resident Evil called Biohazard. At first it didn't booted correctly, then it had rendering problem called "black screen". 😉 I've got some ideas how to fix this and this is how it looks like for now. It has a lot of graphical glitches, most notably I have problem with z-depth which makes characters look wrong and weird. This bug affects most of SGL games under my wrapper but in this game it's a really big problem. Also with this particular example there is a problem with background being white, it's actually a DirectDraw fault. I fixed this, but sadly it creates another problem which is worse than white background... I need to work more on my DirectDraw wrapper unified for all my wrappers to get better results with SGL. It's still a nice result in my opinion, to be honest I didn't expected to make this working because Biohazard is not good written unlike the rest of games. The gameplay is at the end because I recorded whole FMVs, next time I'll just focus on gameplay fixes. This result is achieved under my first version of SGL wrapper, for now I'm rewritting my all wrappers to unify the code slightly.

Reply 29 of 133, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You're doing gods work, mate. Thanks for all the effort you've put in so far!

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U

Reply 30 of 133, by Tuxality

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Today I fixed the z-depth problem and characters are rendered properly. Still there is some visible z-fighting because this patch was a pure experiment. I just know now how to fix this permanently or just how to achieve the best possible result.

Reply 31 of 133, by Tuxality

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looks like nobody cares, but small update - texturing is now fixed for real! For example in VirtualOn it's just perfect. I did comparison with real PowerVR (sadly can't find one for testing) on youtube video and every texture is mapped on it's place! 😀 Now to get rid of projection glitches, finish DirectDraw replacement wrapper and it would be quite usable. Oh and also Turok is rendering properly without glitches, but some objects are not rendered.

Reply 33 of 133, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tuxality wrote:

Looks like nobody cares

Not sure what's giving you that idea! Pretty much everyone interested in PowerVR is watching this thread intently.

Things that enthuse the readership tends to be photos/screenshots and videos though so when there's big changes you want to show off, always consider making some 😀

I really hope with the wrapper eventually released that someone with a modern rig and a large PowerVR games collection - and an actual retro rig with a PowerVR card - can run a lot of side-by-side tests. 😁

Stiletto

Reply 34 of 133, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used to have PowerVR, so I'm interested. Sadly I sold it all!

One day I dream of being able to play the Ultim@te Race 1 track version (I've seen a video of it though, thanks to Vetz!), and, of course, play Moon Racer (although I think only the demo will ever be readily available online, unless anyone else has a copy to share (as it's impossible to buy now)).

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 35 of 133, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tuxality wrote:

Looks like nobody cares, but small update - texturing is now fixed for real! For example in VirtualOn it's just perfect. I did comparison with real PowerVR (sadly can't find one for testing) on youtube video and every texture is mapped on it's place! 😀 Now to get rid of projection glitches, finish DirectDraw replacement wrapper and it would be quite usable. Oh and also Turok is rendering properly without glitches, but some objects are not rendered.

oh baby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U

Reply 36 of 133, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VirtuaIceMan wrote:

One day I dream of being able to play the Ultim@te Race 1 track version

if it makes you feel better, i've never played through the 1 track version either 😀

3 track version though... and there's some things i like better in ur than urprom like the reflections

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 37 of 133, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:

I really hope with the wrapper eventually released that someone with a modern rig and a large PowerVR games collection - and an actual retro rig with a PowerVR card - can run a lot of side-by-side tests. 😁

🤣, I see what you did there 😉

One day I dream of being able to play the Ultim@te Race 1 track version (I've seen a video of it though, thanks to Vetz!), and, of course, play Moon Racer (although I think only the demo will ever be readily available online, unless anyone else has a copy to share (as it's impossible to buy now)).

Moon Racer is the only PowerVR game that I havent been able to track down a copy off (I just got hold of Purevex full version). The only release I can verify is the one from powervrdirect.com, havent found any info that it was released in the country it was made (Japan). The picture of the disc/cover below is the only one I know of:
MoonRacerCD2.GIF
Source

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 38 of 133, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tuxality wrote:

Like others have said, a lot of us here care, but sometimes we have nothing really interesting/worthwhile to add to the conversation besides the usual "Gasp!" "Holy shit!" "This is amazing!" "I wanna be the bearer of your children". 🤣

Seeing wrappers for both PowerVR SGL and ATi CiF not just in the works, but with real, hands-on results, is truly a dream come true for a lot of people, me included.
I cannot thank you enough for your persistence and general awesomeness 😀.