VOGONS

Common searches

Fighter Squadron: Screamin Demons over Europe for Windows 8.1 (64 bit) help needed!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by stefos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HI everyone,

I'm extremely new here and I need help:

I have a new, unopened FS: SDOE game which I opened today.

Here's the situation:

1. I put the disc in the dvd drive and the regular setup.exe wouldn't launch

2. When I went to the games setup folder...I found a setup.exe there as well. When I double clicked that, the setup launched and I installed the game.

The problem:

3.After setup and Direct X configuration the game says that "setup.exe isn't 64 bit compatible"! The game would then NOT run after I made a shortcut.

So, Is this game not 64 bit compatible or am I doing something wrong that I could change to run the game on my 64 bit machine?

I tried to patch the game up but my machine refuses the 1.5 patch as well as a 1.0 patch that I found.
There is a 1.6.06 patch that I did manage to run but I had issues with it: Apparently you need the 1.5 patch installed first and my PC won't install 1.5

I'm so close to running this game.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Stefos

Reply 2 of 3, by PerryRhodan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know this is an old thread, but here's how to get this game working on modern hardware. Download the ISO DVD from REMOVED which includes FS WWI Mod and also includes Fighter Squadron and an up-to-date version with patch 1.6.0.6. incorporated. Install into separate directories. For Fighter Squadron make sure compatibility is set to either Win98 or WinXP or the game won't launch.

REMOVED

Here's a patch for the FS WWI Mod that enables widescreen 1080+ resolutions. It's a shame no such patch is available for the original Fighter Squadron. So stuck with 4:3 resolutions. 🙁 dgVoodoo 2 doesn't work.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/fighter-squadron-w … -wwi-1607-patch

Keyboard controls for the game F-16 Agressor if anyone needs them.
https://web.deu.edu.tr/atiksu/ana44/keyb.html