VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by xcpanelvan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, I have looked as much as I can to find a certain pc game but now I need your help because I cant find the darn thing, I was a kid on our 486 or Pentium 1 or 2 when I last played it. It started with choosing 3 or 4 players with both male and female for the game and it had a space theme as in wearing space suits and with space tech to open doors (using key cards found) and disarm laser beams and monsters to kill while it had a looking down from above look to it - you could see the floor and some walls and the players would walk around in a scrolling style gameplay. We had it on CD if this helps and Im not sure but we might have played it on windows 95 or 3.1

The very start of the game after choosing the 3 or 4 people was in a single corridor that was a sort of tutorial to show how to move and to pick up a key card to open a door and a laser to disarm and after that there were robotic (monsters ?) and the rest of the game. I hope this is enough to name this game, we were playing wolfenstein 3D with it back then.

Reply 1 of 6, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Escape From The Planet Of Robot Monsters perhaps?

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 5 of 6, by xcpanelvan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found it!!! I was going through the 339 pages of old games from "my abandonware" and on page 277 is.... pause for effect.... Shadoworlds! look here:

(Link to abandonware site removed - Dominus)

Reply 6 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Please do not post links to abandonware sites 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper