VOGONS

Common searches

Night Watch

Topic actions

First post, by jspyder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As a HUGE fan of both the novel series and the movie, I picked up the game "Night Watch" and tried to install it on my Windows 7 Pro platform. Everything went fine until I tried to run it.

It gave me a window that said that it needed to "install additional libraries" before it would run. I did so, and then (because it said so) rebooted ... to a BSOD. The only way I was able to get my system back up and running was to do a system restore to before I installed the game.

I literally can't find *anything* on this on the web, and of the two companies that released it, one (Nival Interactive) is Russian based with no e-mail or support options on their web site (not even an e-mail address), and the other (CDV Software) has gone out of business.

Can anyone give me any information at all about this problem, and if there is a solution for it?

Reply 1 of 1, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's the copy protection. It uses Starforce v3. There's no legal way to get it to run on Windows 7 or 8. Illegally, you can run it with ViTALITY's cracked exe. I can't link to that for obvious reasons.

You also need d3d9.dll from S2SteamPatch.zip here:
https://bintray.com/novik65/generic/SilentSto … n/S2/view/files

Apparently the engine does not like systems with lots of memory (no clue if system memory or video memory). That's also something to look into if it still doesn't work.