VOGONS

Common searches

Age of Empires Win 98

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by sietseharteveld

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!
I am really new to dosbox, pretty much everything i can is mounting a Windows 95/98 .img file and boot into it, wich goes fine. But i got a copy of Age of Empires 2 (not an iso but just a folder with all the files: i installed the game on my pc and copied the folder to my phone and put a downloaded no-cd crack in it so it should just play on windows 95/98) wich i want to play on my android phone (Note 3). And since you can't browse your phone's memory in the virtual machine i had to put the game in the .img file. So i looked it up on google and saw a youtube video where someone opened the windows 95 .img file and just copied the Age of Empires folder in it and saved it.
I tried that but when i tried to boot into the new .img file with Age of Empires installed in DosBox Turbo it says: Could not extract drive geometry from image. Use parameter: [some commands] to specify the geometry.

I searched up some other tutorials on google but didn't really understand one of them.

So now i was wondering if someone could please make a simple tutorial wich i can understand or maybe make a bootable .img with Age of Empire installed for me.

Thank you very much!

(Sorry for my bad English)

Reply 2 of 2, by AntonioDX4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Run age of empire 1 in my compaq presario 425 with intel overdrive 486DX4 74mhz con 20 mb ram y video svga 525kb velocity is normal

Attachments