VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by m1so

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Guys, is there any way to get this game running on a modern computer? It doesn't work on my Windows 7 PC and it doesn't work on VirtualBox with XP+Direct3D support enabled. I really want to play this game. I'd buy a GoG bundle patched for Windows 7, but this game has not been released on GoG.

Reply 4 of 8, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I tried this and wow, that was unbelievable annoying to troubleshoot. Basically, it crashes and takes everything else with it (including Explorer). Everything else doesn't crash, just stops accepting mouse input.

Oh, and I got it to run... once. Couldn't reproduce that 😜

I would take F2bnp's advice. Play another version, emulated or not.

Reply 5 of 8, by dodesskiy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
m1so wrote:

Guys, is there any way to get this game running on a modern computer? It doesn't work on my Windows 7 PC and it doesn't work on VirtualBox with XP+Direct3D support enabled. I really want to play this game. I'd buy a GoG bundle patched for Windows 7, but this game has not been released on GoG.

On windows 7, open my computer and dvd drive, no auto play. Click on setup.exe it will not have the logo, DO NOT CLICK on the ones with the logo. Follow onscreen instructions. BTW if you upgrade to windows 10, it will not run even if installed on 7. I played it to death on 7, then upgraded, had to go back to 7, I've too many older games.

Reply 8 of 8, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Jorpho wrote:

So, what exactly was done? (The technical details of these fixes are often entertaining reading.)

Sorry, i can't translate this easily, just launch this link in google translator or something
http://www.old-games.ru/forum/threads/shadow- … -2#post-1321849