VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The question is simple. Is "Environment Mapping on Creatures" works correctly with ATI/AMD videocards at all?
Radeon HD2600 Pro Agp - no models with this option on.
Radeon HD4890 - same.
Radeon HD7770 - same.

Question #2 - what OGL extension is needed for the "Enable Shiny Water" option?

Tnx.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 1 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have had a lot of trouble running NWN1 while I had an ATi/AMD card. And I think those two options don't work at all on ATi/AMD cards. Better leave them disabled.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 4, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To run the game with ATI/AMD card - disable Catalyst A.I. Or rename nwmain.exe to something else then run it. Or delete nwmain.exe profile in atiogl.xml and restart the OS.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 3 of 4, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think I played it on HD5670 with no issues... I don't have that card now, but I can try it on HD4870 or mobile 5450. I never had nvidia cards in my main rig and I always played nwn just fine.

edit:

Gamecollector wrote:

To run the game with ATI/AMD card - disable Catalyst A.I. Or rename nwmain.exe to something else then run it. Or delete nwmain.exe profile in atiogl.xml and restart the OS.

That explains it. I almost never install CCC.

Reply 4 of 4, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bioware was a NV house at the time and you couldn't blame them considering ATI's OpenGL driver quality back then. I think the game utilizes NV OpenGL extensions. KOTOR had similar quirks (performance, bloom, soft shadows, vertex buffer objects, etc).