VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There used to be this program for designing caricatures back in the 90's (it was 1994/95 last time I heard of it)

You started off with a massive selection of face shapes, hair styles, eyes, noses, mouths, ears, eyebrows, facial hair, hats and even whole bodies in a variety of themes. I don't remember what else was included, but the possibilities seemed endless at the time.

You just overlaid them parts together and there it was, your caricature.

The artwork itself was pretty low-res, and I have no recollection of it being in color, judging from the monochrome (1-bit color) prints I still have laying around somewhere.

Problem is, it was perhaps a DOS program, but then again, maybe it was not, and it just happened to run ok under Windows.

Any idea about the name of this thing?

Very much appreciated.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 2 of 3, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmm, I'm afraid not.

Actually they looked more like these, except clearly pixelated.

I also remember the face shapes being disproportionately big compared to the bodies (on purpose) and one of the noses resembled an elephant's trunk. One of the bodies was that of a man driving a vehicle.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 3 of 3, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's a bit of extra info. I took hint from your post and started searching for "face" instead, just to make sure there wasn't anything else named similarly, and what do you know, I stumbled upon this little piece of software called "Funny Face" by Z-ware.

It would appear to be the one I recall, except it's missing the face shapes and the bodies.

The shareware version makes no mention of either being reserved for the registered version, so...

I wonder if there's a common source to the artwork? or maybe someone stole it from this app and repacked it with the missing stuff? very intriguing.