VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nelson Piquet's Grand Prix Evolution:

On my system (at least) the SETUP.EXE won't work, as it's a 16bit installer. Usually I'd advise copying the CD content to a folder, replacing the setup file with a 32bit version and running that, however it seems impossible to copy the contents of the CD to my system. I can see a glitchy circle on the disc itself, so I suspect there may be some anti-copy error baked onto the disc, either that or it's just falling apart(!), anyway, here's how I installed it:

1. Install in virtual machine (Win98/XP)
2. Copy install folder over to Win8.1 and make shortcut to GPe.exe in the game folder and run that. No Registry settings are needed
3. If framerate is jerkier than you expect, follow the guides here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php? … 77&post=1202630

HOWEVER: the CD audio isn't working (tried _inmm.dll as a fallback), you hear the CD-ROM click, as though it's moving to the first track, but the music doesn't then play.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 1 of 1, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

p.s. I know there's patches but I have the newer English release 1.65

Also: the fixes above for framerate, only the DDRAW.dll in the game folder seems to work. The ACT fix works from within ACT, but if you install it it then doesn't work!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor