VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Ghetto_Child

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok so here's my problem. A few years ago I bought a Diamond Monster Fusion 16MB PCI video card. It came with Unreal 1 full version and Motocross Madness 1 full version. The games itself worked fine on that PC. I also tried it on a new PC about 1 or 2 years later. Unreal worked fine with no ploblems and Motocross Madness ran and played fine BUT.

Problem 1: Motocross Madness was always trying to access the A: drive (diskette drive) and unless put a diskette in that drive it was already making this TERRIBLY loud noise. It never seemed to write to a diskette just read but the noise is much louder than at any other time when I would actually be using the diskette drive.

Problem 2: I could never connect to an internet multiplayer game (join or host). For some reason it would never seem to know where to look for the internet it would just ask for like an IP but no matter what I put in that field it never found anything. I tried both joining and hosting from Gamespy Arcade and it never worked. Anybody knows where to go from here? I never found updates or guides on the internet for Motocross Madness 1 I just keep running into info for MM2.

The newer system I was trying it on is:
An IBM NetVista A60 model 6838-C1U.
Intel D850GB motherboard.
Intel 1.4GHz CPU.
128MB non-ECC PC600 Rambus RDRAM.
nVidia RIVA TNT2 m64 16MB of RAM.
AC'97 with SoundMax 2 or 3 sound controller.
Windows 2000 SP1 or SP2 at the time of trying MM1.
The game is Microsoft Motocross Madness 1.
The game never stated that anything was wrong.
I always get the A: drive problem as long as the game is running (litterly non-stop no pauses or breaks at all).
I don't know of any sound modes that can be set with this game.
Considering the video card, I believe it was using Direct3D video mode. The game was included in this package to make use of 3Dfx, maybe Glide, and Direct3D.
No emulators seemed necessary.
Yes I have read whatever info I could find on the net but I have only found info for MM2. I can't remember if I read the readme on the CD, it has been well over a year since I last tried. I will look again before attempting any of the suggestions I may receive. In any case please suggest anything.

Lost and Confused...
Ghetto_Child
blank2blank@hotmail.com