VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Master Rallye, by Steel Monkeys/Microids, takes a long time to switch between each menu screen (it gets there eventually!). I've found if you alt-tab out of the game and back in, then often the next menu is already there, you just have to wait before it appears! So alt-tabbing like crazy between screens speeds things up, but is a *little* impractical.

Anyone care to take a look at this one? The same issue affects the game running in a window, so it's not something to do with a fullscreen lock of any kind (if you run the game in a window, drag the border slightly to speed up the screen transitions).

It's a bit odd!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 1 of 4, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I also just discovered that running Win98/95 compatibility mode allows the opening videos to play... but introduces a black strobing headache causing effect!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 2 of 4, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Actually maybe this has always been a bug: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/master-rallye … w/1900-2836291/

Quote: "the off-track menu transitions are so painfully glacial that you might think the program has frozen"

Reply 3 of 4, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm not having this problem at all
its slower going backwards through the menu pressing esc (takes about 10 seconds)
try pressing enter twice instead of once
also try running mrallye.exe instead of startmr.exe

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 4 of 4, by MicroproseFG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Coincidentally discovered this trick (in Windows 10, don't know about other platforms).
Start MRalley.exe (as a Windows XP Program).
If in fullscreen mode: switch to Window mode.
Options/Graphics Options/Video Setup/Fullscreen No
(This may take quite some time, patience).

Once restarted (in Window mode) now after each Menu command (Enter, Esc, Space etc):
just click on the top bar of the Window.