VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 66, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mud wrote:
doVoodoo definitely solved my problems with guru mediations. desynchronization is less frequent if you have during game stable f […]
Show full quote

doVoodoo definitely solved my problems with guru mediations.
desynchronization is less frequent if you have during game stable fps and no over 60fps to dont make crash.(frame-limiters make desync.sound)
On the stronger computers best way is play on one core with dgvoodoo, then you have solved all problems and you can play normal without errors and desync.sound.
Weaker computers have problem because playing on one core make drastic drop in fps, dgvoodoo like too eat some fps and we have problem with liquidity

It helped me too with the speed issues, but sound wrappers also cause guru meditations here.

Reply 41 of 66, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mud wrote:
VirtuaIceMan wrote:

6. However, HOWEVER... selecting A3D 2.0 allows CD quality and Enhanced, and *seems* to work fine!

So that's it, A3D 2.0 and ALchemy applied to the game folder = works!

I have disabled A3D 2.0 option on all my computers 🤣
how fix it?

This is my preliminary work made around a year and half ago, and these were my subsequent findings which I still couldn't reword for noob tastes.
Long story short.. unless you have actual hardware, 32 bit systems are better.
Asus GX > ALchemy with Vista and newer.

You'll have to try a lot before getting right basic sounds.

Speaking of which.. is there anybody in here with the last pre-linux half-life build?

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 42 of 66, by notindeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you mean that A3D 2.0 is greyed out, i think that is normal?
I'm pretty sure that you can only get it working with an actual A3D card.
Don't the creative wrappers for A3d for their own cards only go as far as supporting A3d 1.0? Or am i wrong about that? I swear i've read that before.

Either way it's greyed out for me.

BTW, if you do manage to get it to work, in the manual it says if you have A3d enabled then you must also disable DS3d (direct sound 3d) and EAX.

In terms of getting the game to run i have only even tried on XP and even then you have to faff about a bit.
I think i had to make my own application compatibility toolkit fix but i can't even remember. I don't even really understand how those things work and how you enable / disable them? Does anyone know?

I still have problems sometimes where the keyboard input will go crazy and it will start turning left all the time or hold buttons in for a while etc.

Btw if anyone wants any info on the game, these sites are still accessible:

http://web.archive.org/web/20071014084659/htt … e.no.net/rally/

http://explosiveracing.net/rc/

http://zoneluco.chez.com/rallyphotos.htm

It's annoying how there aren't two damage settings in the ral.cfg so you can have a more realistic damage level without the crippling amount of wear and tear it brings 🙁
Also i wish there was some way to get a cockpit view for the corolla with a mod or something? There seem to be files for a cockpit for it in the game which is the strange thing.

Reply 43 of 66, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
notindeed wrote:
If you mean that A3D 2.0 is greyed out, i think that is normal? I'm pretty sure that you can only get it working with an actual […]
Show full quote

If you mean that A3D 2.0 is greyed out, i think that is normal?
I'm pretty sure that you can only get it working with an actual A3D card.
Don't the creative wrappers for A3d for their own cards only go as far as supporting A3d 1.0? Or am i wrong about that? I swear i've read that before.

Either way it's greyed out for me.

BTW, if you do manage to get it to work, in the manual it says if you have A3d enabled then you must also disable DS3d (direct sound 3d) and EAX.

DS3D is just required from official wrappers to emulate A3D 1.0 (which is still something anyway)
But you don't need the former enabled in-game, it's needed only on the system level.

As I said, remember that DS3D (or DS hardware to be more precise) in turn is not available from Vista onwards and you'll need wrappers for it too.

Russian wrapper on the other hand forces even some effects of A3D 2.0, albeit reflections and occlusions will be broken (and can be disabled via registry tweaks).
Theoretically you should still see some improvements over normal one.

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 44 of 66, by MrHacker234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Guys, anyone have solution for glitched menu/gameplay for RC2000? I installed on my computer XP SP3 beside to 8.1 (i remember, RC2000 runs correctly after some fixes on XP) and i get suprise. Glitched menu/flashing objects in gameplay and menu. I have GeForce 9600 GT and this problem is only present on NVIDIA graphics card. I can play RC2000 on AMD HD 5670, but my computer doesn't like this card 😒. I tried to run with dgVoodoo, but without result (always i get Guru Meditation, even when i turn off the DirectX emu in dgVoodoo.). Anyone have solution for this or guide how to run RC2000 with dgVoodoo? Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I've just solved the problem. I installed RC 2000 on 8.1, and i used ACT for RC2000. Game works very fine (even CMR 2.0 works perfect!). But...i have too much FPS, and sometimes i have error caused by DDRAW.dll. Just like in first game from Colin McRae Rally series, when you turn off framerate limit on modern computer, and game after 5/8 minutes of playing, close to desktop, and you get error caused by ddraw or executive file. I've tried to pitch some settings in NVIDIA Control Panel, but framerate is still very high...

Reply 45 of 66, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

haved similar problem on Nvidia with flashing, Dgvoodoo sovled this problem and was very good fps eater too.
Ask there voodoo author does your card is supported but i think yes and you must do something wrong.
This problem can be caused that if you have nootebook with two graphics (integrated + nvidia).
To force down fps without voodoo ,go into your nvidia panel and change this stuff to max quality or raise up manualy graphic settings for RC game.
Try balance game to 40-50fps, game like crashing when fps going over 60

Reply 46 of 66, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Right... it no longer works now :-p

The game executable also contains the install program, and now it's failing to find the CD-ROM (or not even looking!), meaning every time you start the game it just asks if you want to install it!

This also happens with the "always was working" Demo 2 (linked on page 1), so it's probably a Windows update issue. I swapped from Geforce 980 GTX to onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600, but that made no difference.

Ho hum...

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 48 of 66, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tgod wrote:

Have you tried the no-cd patch? You can get it here.

Gave it a quick whirl but no go. I'll have a look at re-installing it sometime (as don't think I have the full game installed at the mo, as I need CD in to run files for the game!).

Cheers.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 49 of 66, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VirtuaIceMan wrote:

The game executable also contains the install program, and now it's failing to find the CD-ROM (or not even looking!)

Check which environment it expects with process monitor. It may be it has an hardcoded CD path, or perhaps there's some registry magic involved.

VirtuaIceMan wrote:

This also happens with the "always was working" Demo 2 (linked on page 1), so it's probably a Windows update issue. I swapped from Geforce 980 GTX to onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600, but that made no difference.

Windows update seems a very weird theory, and I don't see why gpu should make any difference.

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 50 of 66, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm just confused why I got it working, then it's stopped. The only real updates are Windows Updates and Nvidia drivers. cool3865 over on TBK-Light forums had the same issue and got it running by reinstalling it to another location. When I get time I'll have a look further into it.

Reply 51 of 66, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got it working again by following my own guide; using the patch way to install (had to launch Notepad in Administrator Mode then delete entry from Alchemy.ini as I forgot to remove it when I reinstalled game to a different location 🤣), then used Alchemy on it and set to A3D 2.0 and no sound problems + game works (for now ha!) on Win10 64bit. Phew.

Reply 52 of 66, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still rocking the crash-when-sliding-on-mud error though; even with refresh rate at 60hz. p.s. works with GSYNC for me... apart from this crash.

Reply 54 of 66, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's weird; it worked fine on 4th September, but now, on 9th September, it's doing the "I don't think I'm installed, would you like to Install?" bug again... something calendar or temp value related maybe? I guess I'll have to re-install again 😒

Reply 55 of 66, by mirh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh, if you are on W10 "OS moods" are totally normal 😒
For example: did you know registry virtualization (that gets triggered by old programs when looking in "privileged keys") is broken every now and then?

pcgamingwiki.com

Reply 56 of 66, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I tried reinstalling using full 650MB install and all seems well so far (with Patch 6).

The game didn't crash sliding on dirt with dgVoodoo, but it also seems not to crash without it now. I wondered if it was to do with refresh rates being above 60hz but even 144hz didn't seem to make a difference, touch wood (testing by handbrake sliding about in mud on Tyrones Ditches stage).

I tried changing clock, restarting etc, and it still works. So will see what happens in a few days!

Reply 57 of 66, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have to make the game run in a framerate not too high for it not to crash when sliding on mud. Using only nvidia fps limiter doesn't help much.

Reply 58 of 66, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

using dgVoodoo to do the D3D seems to help with the crashes, as mentioned above.