VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I recently installed all the 4 WRC games from Milestone. I noticed that they all seem a little bit juddery on my PC, and whilst the first WRC game allows my maximum resolution of 2560x1440, all the newer games top out at 1920x1200. I've found fixes for both issues, as follows:

Smooth frame rate "fix": simple this, just don't go above 60hz. The game seems to have some sort of internal limit, so using 120hz or 144hz will just make it feel blurry/juddery (and I say this using a judder removing GSYNC monitor!). Setting the games to 60hz makes them smooth as butter again, so just use that as the maximum!

To use a higher than 1920x1200 resolution in WRC2, WRC3, WRC Powerslide or WRC4, do the following:

1. For each game, launch the game and set up all the settings as you wish. Use 1920x1080 resolution for now. Make sure you set everything as you desire, then launch and exit the game.
2. In Windows, show Hidden files, then open C: and Users. Search for: WRC
3. The install folders for each of the WRC games should appear. Open the one that applies to the game you wish to improve the resolution for.
4. In each folder is a config.ini file, open this in Notepad.
5. Set the Width and Height as you wish, then close/save the config.ini file.
6. Right-click config.ini, choose Properties, and set it to Read-only. This step is essential, otherwise the game will default back to what the settings menu had in it, previously!
7. When you launch each game, and choose PLAY from the settings menu, the game will report 3 times that it's unable to save config.ini. That's because we made it Read-only! Just click okay or press return 3 times.
8. The game will now be in the new high resolution!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor