VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Fixed both, see below. To get decent framerate on dgVoodoo you have to calibrate the graphics each time, it seems.

---

GP3 = on my graphics card in hardware mode it runs really slowly (500%+ when pressing O for occupancy) with many polygons missing/flickering on-and-off, the sort of issues shown here: http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?1,1069659

Software mode works fine though

p.s. I have to apply some compatibility mode (even just Win8) to make the game work on my PC, otherwise it's just black screen when starting, instead of video.

p.p.s. the game will load with the menu narrow and messed up colours, but there's a quick fix - just do a quick race and quit back to the menu!

GP3 2000 Season is worse though - just opens with a black screen. Nothing more. Despite using the same engine as GP3!

Last edited by VirtuaIceMan on 2015-05-22, 07:13. Edited 1 time in total.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 1 of 1, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

GP3 I fixed by applying Windows 8 compatibility (otherwise you just get a black screen) and using dgVoodoo to get the graphics right.

GP3 2000 Season runs in a different way, so just applying Windows 8 compatibility to the exe won't work (as it runs from a temp file), so you need to get a noCD version of the exe, which will then work with Windows 8 compatibility mode (and probably dgVoodoo too, just testing that now!)

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor