VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SpooferJahk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am having issues with an older laptop that I repurposed for XP games, it has this strange issue where the game will flicker for a bizarre reason. Trying out games like Motocross Madness leads to this issue and I am trying to figure out why it is doing this. Is there any fix for this or is this a side effect that will not be able to be resolved?

The laptop has an NVIDA Geforce 105m chip with the 307.83 driver.

Reply 3 of 10, by duralisis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Probably something between 186.xx and 260.xx, but that depends on when the 105m first showed up in the driver inf. Maybe see if you have an old OEM driver disc for reference.

Edit: I do see it listed in 186.42 release notes. That was a really good series for my 9800 gtx+.

Reply 5 of 10, by SpooferJahk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can someone help me find the drivers? I found 185.85 but it will refuse to work with my system, says it can not locate drivers for my hardware.

Reply 8 of 10, by SpooferJahk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
filipetolhuizen wrote:

Stay away from any 1xx.xx drivers as they have the worst DX 6 support ever! Use only the 25x.xx and 26x.xx series.

Thanks to this and my own searching, I found the proper driver and the flickering is completely gone. Thanks to those who helped, it is nice to put this laptop to use again for a really good purpose.

Reply 9 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

For other people's sake, which driver number was it?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper