VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 22 of 36, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is impossible to use a script for doing all this.

Parts yes. But all of it. not by a long shot.

An update it pretty much impossible if you have to install loads of programs just doing the task.

For olwin.exe is a wrapper with some autoreg code. That is not something you do with a script without software to make the wrapper. Maybe with some auto programs like autoit. you still need a registered copy of the wrapping program

Extracting lab files and repacking them is also unscriptable without external programs. The existing ones wont work.
Hacking game files is scriptable with an external hexeditor. That's the easy part.

Adjusting driver files is scriptable but takes far longer to setup

I am done with this. There is no more to develop for this game for now.

Reply 23 of 36, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

New Outlaws installer!

Includes in-game music with working volume adjustment.
54 new missions and a new menu.
Etc etc.

This installer contains the official updates and the new missions files. All files are legal to distribute.

In-game music and game files are copied from the Outlaws CD's.

Takes 3-5 minutes depending on CD reader.

Enjoy!

Ivan

Reply 24 of 36, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The missions are over 95 MB. Ripper is about 7 MB. The repacking/patching tools and the updates is the rest. No fancy interface either. Just regular cmd. The installer itself is about 0.2 MB.

I only care about function and speed not the size. The ripper/converter for instance is very big but very fast compared to others I tried.

Feel free to do a smaller one if you think that is an issue!

Swede1872

Reply 25 of 36, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

New updated version. Old one was was switched with an early version. The right one was deleted so i had to make a new one.

Contains only official updates and extra missions made from scratch. Check local temp if someone wants to check out the files.

If anyone finds some other issue with it, give me a hint and i will put up an updated version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smjtix941s0md9m/Out … ssions.zip?dl=0

Swede

Reply 26 of 36, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There are some inconsistencies in this thread since the info here is combined from different threads.

1: The installer makes a fully portable version of Outlaws with in-game music and adds a shortcut on your desktop. It autoregs as soon as it is moved and makes a new shortcut when needed.

2: Patched to work on Win7 and 8.

3: There are 54 new single missions.

4: There is a custom start menu

5: The 2 different olgeo.lab from CD1 and CD2 is not combined anymore. They are renamed to olpatch1.lab and olpatch2.lab. The original patches are renamed to olpatch3.lab oand olpatch4.lab. This makes the game run faster and smoother. And it is easier to do.

6: lecmusic.dll is hacked so it accepts whatever one choose to write in the *.msc files.

7: Music volume is adjustable since I switched to _inmm.dll and using winamp as player.

8: The configurator doesn't nag since I switched the internal driver order to default on Direct3D and DirectSound.

9. Manuals and strategy guide are included.

etc etc.

Have fun!

Ps!
Has anyone found the easter egg?

Reply 27 of 36, by thepistoleiro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

works perfectly but when i try to run it it's says it's not a valid win32 application please help me
😢

Edit:I noticed you did not say that the patch works on Windows 64bit.would that be the problem?
😢
Sorry for my bad english

Reply 28 of 36, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
thepistoleiro wrote:

works perfectly but when i try to run it it's says it's not a valid win32 application please help me 🙁

I run it on my Win7 64 bit. I have no idea why it won't run your machine.

Another guy had something similar and and it was probably something corrupt from his CD's.

Reply 29 of 36, by thepistoleiro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well my cd's are perfectly, because i tried another installer and it works, and i tried on a virtual machine with winxp 32 bits and works too, i want to play with your launcher\installer because of the extra levels 😜

Sorry for my bad english

Reply 30 of 36, by swede1872

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For those who cant get it to work. Mess me and i will try to help you out.

Since the moderator police i quite active on this forum it can't post links to outlaws portable full game. I hope people respect that.
There are other installers out there. It is probably not allowed to link to other forums. But there are atleast 3 nice installers available.
The german one is the best. Try them out.

If someone want the full game i suggest buying it since it is available on GOG nowadays. It is quite cheap.

Beware that GOG has not fixed the ingame Music correct. It does not play all music from cd2. It only plays cd1 and the first track from cd2.
it uses winmm so the music volume is not adjustable and it doesn't resume music after returning from menu.
And no extra missions of course.

Swede1872

Reply 32 of 36, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swede1872 wrote:

Since the moderator police i quite active on this forum it can't post links to outlaws portable full game. I hope people respect that.

Nope, linking to "abandonware" sites is not permitted.

swede1872 wrote:

There are other installers out there. It is probably not allowed to link to other forums.

Nope, linking to "abandonware" forums is not permitted.

swede1872 wrote:

If someone want the full game i suggest buying it since it is available on GOG nowadays. It is quite cheap.

Finally, a sensible suggestion. 😀 GOG, or eBay, or whatever. But yeah, if you don't own the game, buy it. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 33 of 36, by Meoutlaws

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i had the same problem that pistoleiro guy had, all the same, Windows 7 64bits and stuff 😒

EDIT: not find any sulotion yet. Also, my CDs are OK, i've tested with another launcher and it worked 😕 😢

Reply 35 of 36, by Timiditas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for necroing this thread, just wanted to let you guys know that this installer also works perfectly with the German release of Outlaws. Big thanks to everyone involved. Its great to see communities keeping classics alive.
Btw, I use Win7 x64 too, and the installer worked flawlessly.