VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by savair

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a game called Relect jfk I tried to get it to run on dosbox is there a software for running old windows games like 3.1 games

Reply 1 of 6, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm not familiar with the game, but if your OS won't provide some acceptable degree of backwards compatibility with Win31 software, you'll have to install Win31 on an emulator and run it from there. There's like a thousand tutorials for that if you have any trouble figuring it out on your own.

I personally started using PCem for running legacy OS' because DosBox wasn't designed for that, but now there's been a lot of improvements in the accuracy department (you can try it out with the SVN-daum builds) so the gap has now closed enough to allow for this type of functionality.

Be more specific or see you to it.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 2 of 6, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Even though its not supported here just install windows 3.1 from your own copy of it into dosbox then setup the game in it and create a shortcut to it. Ive done this with lots of older win31 games and they work fine. There's plenty of tutorials on how to install Win31 in dosbox.
MYST being a personal favourite of mine, just double click the icon and it boots win31 then autoruns MYST

Reply 4 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=%22windo … 3.1%22&_sacat=0 Then you can follow this guide Windows 3.1x DOSBox Guide

And Win3x IS supported in DOSBox. It is Win9x that is not supported.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers