VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
Does anyone know a way that I can assign the keypad for driving in GT Legends? It won't let me, saying the keys are reserved. The regular arrows are just terrible for driving. Any ideas?

Reply 1 of 3, by notindeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Are you sure the keys are not already assigned to other functions? Maybe you need to go through and find what they are assigned to and then reassign them.
If not then maybe they are hard coded.

There are programs that can take in input from a game controller/ mouse / keyboard and then spit out other mouse / keyboard / game controller output. If worst came to worst you could use one of them.
One i used for work you scripted in python, though i can't remember what it was.
I think there is one called auto hotkey or win hotkey.
There are lots so it gets confusing. For simpler programs, i'm not sure if xpadder or joy2key or any of those allow keyboard input but maybe.

To be honest it would probably be far easier just to use letter keys instead.

Also you'll enjoy the game a lot more with analogue control of some kind, preferrably a wheel. Sims are like whole different games with one. A used logitech driving force or momo racing would be cheap but decent if you ever want to get one. Driving force is better cos it can support up to 900 degrees of rotation (which you can FFB limit) where as momo is only 240 max.

Reply 2 of 3, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, these keys are hard coded for moving the camera. I hate using the letters because of their misalignment. I also don't like using those driving sets. Maybe a hex editor would help, just need to find where to modify. Some other games that use the same engine, like rFactor, allow keypad assignment.

Reply 3 of 3, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

From the description, it sounds like the M3 Heavy Industries Plr File Editor (M3Hi-PLR) might do what you want. Originally it was available here:

http://www.m3hi.com/ (Use the Wayback Machine)

But it appears that there are still mirrors for some versions of the program:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=3685