VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kbiggs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just got a copy on MGPRS2 (reeaally long title for a game) and tried to play it on regular windows 7 (with an ATI 7800 card in DirectX mode). The game ran fine, but some textures (mainly sky and buildings) were flickering horrendously, and the sun and smoke effects had black boxes around them. So I have run the game again with the most recent version of dgVoodoo (DirectX). All of the flickering and black boxes have gone away, but now a majority of the background textures are just gray with no detail, and the tires on the cars look spiky. So either way I have terrible graphics. How do I fix this?

Reply 1 of 5, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You could try using the Voodoo version with either dgVoodoo or nGlide, although getting this to install can be a bit of a challenge (you need to run the mgprs_v.exe file).

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 3 of 5, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kbiggs wrote:

When I try to install the Voodoo version it says I don't have a 3Dfx card. How do I make the installer recognize dgvoodoo as a graphics driver?

The installer checks for glide2x.dll in the %system% directory.
Just create the empty file with this name or copy any glide2x.dll. Then delete this file after installation.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).