VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So I just got Lucasarts' Outlaws, the boxed version to be exact and its got an odd issue where the Intro FMV cuts out (and I know it does as Ive seen the full one on Youtube to make sure).

At first I thought it might be a problem with a specific PC , but it doesnt seem to be ,as Ive tried it on Windows 95 (Pentium Pro 200) , Windows 98 and Windows 2000 (PIII 1.4), and it exhibits the same issue with all of these. It also isnt affected regardless which sound/graphics options I select.

This is the UK version of the game and is already patched to the latest patch out of the box , so I dont think its a matter of patching the game. and the CD itself is spotless, so I doubt its faulty in any way

Has anyone encountered a similar problem ?

Thanks in advance

Reply 2 of 9, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Don't think Outlaws has copy protection (besides cd checks) so why not test the CDs in a different way than just looking at them (pretty flawed method)? Copy all the FMVs and see if you get any errors.

Reply 5 of 9, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MrEWhite wrote:

When does it cut out? I think its censored.

it cuts out just as the little girl jumps off the swing, and its very abrupt.

It could be censored , but from looking into it, I cant find anything about the UK version being censored.

Reply 7 of 9, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Darkman wrote:
MrEWhite wrote:

It could be censored , but from looking into it, I cant find anything about the UK version being censored.

Someone had the same problem on GOG, I think it is in fact censored, while the GOG version worked fine.

Reply 8 of 9, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MrEWhite wrote:
Darkman wrote:
MrEWhite wrote:

Someone had the same problem on GOG, I think it is in fact censored, while the GOG version worked fine.

it wouldn't surprise if it was censored , European (and even more often Australian) versions of games get censored for very silly things , even more so back in the day (Contra being turned into a Robot game, Fallout having any children taken out ,etc )

Thing is Ive not heard it was censored, so I cant be sure

Reply 9 of 9, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The only censoring I think that could possibly apply is removing the "Gore" for german releases...but i'm even having doubts about Outlaws in Germany (since well, it is a game about shooting humans with realistic weaponry and it's not exactly the most historical western game out there). I don't know

I actually thought the game was more obscene back then given my crappy speakers 😀 I thought I heard "you oughtta go fuck barney" as one of the random taunts or something. The on-the-fly editable wave macro system was nice though. In reality it doesn't get worse than "my horse can piss straighter than you can shoot" and " you son of a bitch", wonder if BBFC objected to those also 😀

apsosig.png
long live PCem