VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When I launch the game, there is initially no sound during the intro movies and then, in the main menu and during gameplay, there's a loud buzzing sound. The music and the sound effects play as they should but it's almost impossible to hear them over that noise.

To try and correct the issue I've changed the bit depth and sample rate of the audio to the lowest setting both in the Windows sound settings and in my sound card's driver settings. I've also installed the 1.20 patch and set the compatibility setting to Windows 98 (which had the effect of enabling audio during the intro movies but the buzzing sound in-game didn't go away.)

Anybody got any other ideas?

My sound card: Asus Xonar DX 7.1

Last edited by Yasashii on 2015-07-19, 00:26. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 4, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yup. You are absolutely right. That's the problem right there. I'm going to get myself a proper CD. This one is messed up.

Thanks.

Also: I apologize for wasting your time. I should have checked that before I posted.

Reply 4 of 4, by Yasashii

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No, everything is fine and it has been fine with every single CDDA game since I learned that the CD has to be in the first drive for it to work properly.

After playing the music tracks with a music player, it turned out that the buzzing sound was right there on the CD itself. The copy I had was faulty. I got me another one and now everything's jolly fine.