VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SparkTR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone, I recently found out about an interesting looking Russian shooter called Neuro thanks to this blog that I was interested in trying out. It also has a wiki page. My main issue there is that the game refuses to run on Windows 7 and up machines with a CTD right after launch. The only reports of this game running successfully are on a 32bit Windows XP machine as well as through WINE on Linux surprisingly. I was reading through the Riddick thread, another OpenGL based shooter released around the same time, in order to get it started, but my technical knowledge is limited. The comments section on the blog also has discussion on the issue. Has anybody had any luck with this game, or have any ideas on how to get it started?

Reply 4 of 6, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

On the off-chance that you're still trying to get this game to run, there is a program given in the comments section of this game's page on that blog you link to, that apparently runs the game on Windows 7 64 bit, and hopefully will make it work on later versions of Windows too.

Reply 5 of 6, by SparkTR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the update! I'll try it out. No joke I was just thinking about this game today completely out of nowhere and also happened to check this forum for the first time in months. Hows that for timing!