Common searches

First post, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hey guys
anyone know anything about this
i installed "mouseware" for my logitech mx500 mouse which has always worked properly
and now the scroll wheel isnt working properly
im certain its the fault of the software
the mouseware version is
Logitech MouseWare 9.79.1 (c) Copyright 1995-2003 Logitech, Inc.
so its screwed up somehow on WINXPservice pack 3!!!

the problem is i think it changed the firmware of my mouse or something because it said it was "updating my device" after it installled + the mouse stopped moving for a few seconds and now my scroll wheel does not work!!!

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 1 of 5, by tgod

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can confirm that same hardware/software setup is working fine here. I'm pretty sure updating your device means it was updating your drivers, logitech just tends to say that in their installers. Mouseware for these devices hasn't been updated in ages, so odds are you're using the same version you always have. If you think its the fault of the drivers just uninstall them.

Reply 2 of 5, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i thought it did some type of firmware update..
i mean the mouse has worked fine for ages and ages .. years!! what are the odds it just happened to die
right after i install the mouseware app

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 3 of 5, by tgod

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

An old mouse dying? Not surprising at all really. But like i said, there have been no updates to mouseware in forever so there is nothing to firmware update even if there was one, which there is still no proof of. Uninstall and install mouseware again, and it'll say the same "Updating your device" stuff, when it obviously shouldn't have to because its supposedly already updated.

Last edited by tgod on 2015-09-11, 03:02. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 4 of 5, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

could it have something to do with disabling "legacy usb support" in the bios?

Reply 5 of 5, by tgod

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looking at the readme.txt of mouseware, it doesn't mention one thing about firmware updating. Though it did have this one thing related to your issue:

3.7 Scrolling/wheel related issues
If your mouse is equipped with a wheel and the wheel does not scroll, verify that the Logitech control panel is installed properly. If you click the Start button and select Settings, Control Panel, the mouse icon should bring up a Logitech control panel. Otherwise reinstall MouseWare.