VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SquishLiz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10, and as a result I can no longer seem to get music playing within Motorhead anymore. The game itself works and runs fine.

This seems to have only occurred after upgrading to the new OS.

I have tried numerous different patches, compatibility mode settings and reinstallations, even pirated copies but I am still unsuccessful in solving this issue.

Reply 1 of 7, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

search.php

Lots of things you can try and report back on. At least two topics of information I'm not retyping all of. My best guess as to what changed in the Windows upgrade was just the CD drive letter, but seeing as you done reinstalls after that you might've messed something else up.

Reply 3 of 7, by SquishLiz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, should I have bumped one of the older threads?

None of those threads mention Windows 10, and I have tried their methods, but have not seen any success from them - I probably should have mentioned that in the OP

Reply 5 of 7, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquishLiz wrote:

Sorry, should I have bumped one of the older threads?

None of those threads mention Windows 10, and I have tried their methods, but have not seen any success from them - I probably should have mentioned that in the OP

There's no Win10 specific CDDA problems I've heard of yet.

Which of the things in the topics mentioned have you tried? Because I can almost guarantee you that the solution is in one of them you haven't. But I'm not enumrating all of them to figure out which ones you missed.

Reply 6 of 7, by SquishLiz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright. I managed to get the sound working. I apologize for the delayed response. I had an issue where Windows would absolutely not allow me to use 32-bit Setup Installers for a few days, but now that's resolved.

Anyway. I installed the game into C drive instead of D, and upon installation, I ensured that the virtual disc was mounted to the H drive (which reflects the registry settings for Motorhead), and alas it now works. The game works 100%. Music and all, and I am a little too worried about taking the risk of patching it, given that it seems to work completely perfectly.

The whole thing seems odd, because I could have sworn that I did all of this my first attempt, but oh well. Sorry for the spam thread.

Reply 7 of 7, by bakcom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

CD/A is fiddly. Some games only look for it in the first optical drive, others only in the default drive for audio (not sure where you set it in newer Windows). Only the smart ones look for it in all available drives.

I think you can patch it. Worst case, reinstall. 😀