First post, by HUN_s912

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Processor: Intel Pentium 3 (500MHz)
RAM: 256 MB
Video: S3 savage4
Sound: motherboard ESS

The game works fine under win98 (not under doxbox). Speed is OK, fx-sounds and effects OK, but there isn't CD music.
I have bin+cue image file, near 650MB. Windows CD-player plays audio CD, just in game no CD music.
I try under dosbox (imgmount cue file), but there isn't CD music (and throttling under dosbox).

Can u help me?

Reply 2 of 4, by HUN_s912

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Azarien wrote:

I have bin+cue image file, near 650MB. Windows CD-player plays audio CD, just in game no CD music.

Just to clarify: are you using real, physical CD-ROM disc, or some kind of virtual CD?

i'm using virtul CD (daemon tools). That's the problem? Try to write to CD?

i write image (CUE) file to ReWritable CD. Install.. Music dont work, just if my headphone connect to direct CD-ROM. Interesting because under win98 plays audio-CD through sound card..

Problem solved: run game in DOS mode (win98 restart in DOS mode or boot command prompt). Need soundcard DOS driver and work 😀

Reply 4 of 4, by notsofossil

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are you sure digital audio playback is turned on in the device properties for your CD drive?

Depending on your computer, you may have to get a cable to route CDDA from the CD drive to the motherboard's audio chipset.

I can't remember exactly what else I had to do to get Rayman 1's CD music working. Try checking the in-game options, make sure the music volume isn't turned down.

Thinkpad T42 Win9x Drivers | Latitude D600 Win9x Drivers
Next: Dell Inspiron 8000