VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by peta88

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I know this is a very old soccer manager, but I just want to ask, if someone has ever encountered my problem that follows, or if someone could help in any way possible. This does not concern issues with OS or starting the game, it is more likely the problem(or more accuratelly the error) in the game itself and it is probably in it from the very beginning.

The problem arises when I play the match(in "MATCH", "HIGHLIGHTS" or "BRIEF" mode), and I decide to substitute a player, who is low on energy and is therefore exhausted.

When I change this player in "Line up" window, everything looks fine, but as soon as the match continues after the substitute, the new player has the same energy as the old one, who has been substituted. This error is visible, when you pause the match immediatelly after it starts again after the substitution(this is the moment when this error occurs) and look again into the "Line up" window - at this moment is visible, that the new player does not have full energy, but his energy has rapidly dropped to the level of energy of the old player, who has been substituted.
It is therefore almost like I would not have made the substitution at all.

Same thing happens when I switch the positions of two players at the field. The two players will switch, all their attributes will switch as well but their current energy.

It seems that this problem causes, that the energies of all players on the field are fixed to their positions during the whole match, and they continuously lower(according to the rate of exhaustion of the player at the position) from the beginning to the end of the match, regardless of the substitutions or other switches I make.

Funny thing is, that the previous version of this game(=Premier manager 97) does not have this problem, everything about the energy of the players(and their substitutions) during the whole match works fine in it.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
Has anyone the solution or any suggestions?
Has some patch or update to this game been released in the past?

Thanks in advance, I will appreciate any help or advice that could lead me to the solution of this problem.