VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i followed this guide down below but the game never fully worked!

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Jane%27s_Longbow_Gold

here is what i've go so far under Windows 7 x64 + nGlide 1.5 Game Crashes after the Second video (where two choppers show up)
with Dgvoodoo 2.5 seems fine ! until i hit tutorial section , exit with error message - DDInit() Failed!

with VirtualBox (Windows XP SP2 guest)

same thing ! lagging alot and i could barely move the mouse

i tried everything i could ! is this game ever fully worked in 3D acceleration ?

icore 7 2600k
VGA GTX 970
8G of DDR3
Windows 7 x64 professional

Reply 1 of 7, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, if I use GoldFX with 1.04e - the game crashes for me.
If I use GoldFx only - there is no movies, the mouse click is too fast (I use keyboard to select) but the flight itself is ok.
WinXpSp3, P4 3.0E, 2 GB RAM, Radeon HD3850 Agp, nGlide 1.04.

Last edited by Gamecollector on 2016-12-15, 01:11. Edited 1 time in total.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 2 of 7, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i think i almost getting to work
However there is another colors and text issues

the intro video showing in damaged colors dots

j0r3EoE.jpg

N5Nj7rJ.jpg

3UgYEfK.jpg

Here is what i did

- installed nGlide 1.5
- installing Longbow GOLD (Not the one from Anthology ) !
- Applied GOLDFX.exe (in Windows 98 Compatibility)
- Applied Windows 7 x64 patch (which in nGlide site)

any help please ?

Reply 3 of 7, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

woohoo finally ! just hit tutorial / traning choose instrumendation or basic flight , once you there press ALT+O go to Graphics , Detail Level
set it to High Detail

exit .. voila ! no more flashing !

i wonder if there patch to fix the intro video ? still messy 🙁

Reply 4 of 7, by olddosuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am also trying to get Longbow Gold, NOT Anthology to run in Dosbox. The first screenshot (lb_001.png) is what happens after I launched the game. It does not matter if I hit Y or Space; the game loads. I then select Tutorial/Training and go to get "clipboard menu". After I select one the the options, The game crashes and I get the second screenshot (dosbox_000.png).

I don't know if the two are related. Has anyone seen this error and found a solution. I assume that I need the 1.04e patch, since I am running v1.03f. Can someone please upload the patch or tell me where I can get it. Thanks.

Attachments

• lb_001.png
    Filename
    lb_001.png
    File size
    6.93 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    The First Screenshot
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • dosbox_000.png
    Filename
    dosbox_000.png
    File size
    7.72 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    The Second Screenshot
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 7, by olddosuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Never Mind...I figured it out. I forgot to mentioned I am using Dosbox SVN Daum. There is a setting for video memory; I had to change the default from 2 to 1. The game seems run correctly. I have not really started playing it, just a few training exercises. Hopefully, I will get no error messages when I start campaign missions. I am also setting up mapper to map some keyboard keys to my game controller; since the game does not recognize the controller. It brings back great memories of me playing this game during the dos days. I only wish my father was still alive to see it. We had great times with this game. Thank you for creating Dosbox and others for continuing its development. My next project is to install Win98 in a image file and put some game in it. I have already created a bootable win98 image, but since I can create larger images with this build, I am going to create a larger image and install Windows 98 in the new image and put the games' iso in the image and mount them. Thank goodness I saved all my CDs and manuals. I even still have all my floppies, even though I have no drive to read them. I did copy some to CDs years ago when burner drives were becoming standard. I have even converted most CDs to ISOs for preparation when all pc's no longer come with dvd drives

Reply 6 of 7, by moknok

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

you need to update to 1.04f you still have 1.03f. do it through dos box. I got anthology lb1 working with 3dfx screens here windows 7 64 bit and non dos version. still trying to tune with dgvoodoo, have to use it without it so far. some movies don't work right like end mission ones. pow, kia etc. double click is also too fast. everything works in dosbox 1.04 version.
c067f7eeb63badc9d312128f671789c0_lb3dfx.png
full-19837-126092-lbwin_2016_09_08_19_30_19_886.png

| WIN98SE non OEM | PII MMX | 350Mhz | 384RAM | Voodoo3 2000 PCI | DX7 | 126GB+ | Yamaha DS-XG Sound |

Reply 7 of 7, by olddosuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
moknok wrote:
you need to update to 1.04f you still have 1.03f. do it through dos box. I got anthology lb1 working with 3dfx screens here wind […]
Show full quote

you need to update to 1.04f you still have 1.03f. do it through dos box. I got anthology lb1 working with 3dfx screens here windows 7 64 bit and non dos version. still trying to tune with dgvoodoo, have to use it without it so far. some movies don't work right like end mission ones. pow, kia etc. double click is also too fast. everything works in dosbox 1.04 version.
c067f7eeb63badc9d312128f671789c0_lb3dfx.png
full-19837-126092-lbwin_2016_09_08_19_30_19_886.png

I found the patch and copy the files, patch.exe and patch.rtp in the game directory. I ran patch.exe in dosbox. It updated the files and said it was a success. When I run the game, I press Alt+V and it says I still have 1.03f. I reran the patch and it says that I already have the updated files.

I am playing the DOS version; NOT the Windows version.