Common searches

Unreal A3D?

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 59, by Asaki

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote:

Sin (original 1998 iso + patch 1.11): A3D working BUT there's a problem with the dialogues (there's NO dialogues at all)

I had the same problem with the demo (as well as many other issues). On a real A3D card with 2048 drivers, BTW. I wasn't getting any gun firing sounds, either. Perhaps 2D audio was muted.

There's a convar to change it: http://members.optusnet.com.au/kirben/sin.html

I didn't get a chance to try it though...I tried installing the patch first, and that didn't work out very well...and I didn't feel like reinstalling it, so I deleted it.

I'll have to buy the full game some time and try it again.

Reply 42 of 59, by Asaki

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't think Steam has it anymore, just that "Episodes" game. Is the GoG version 1.12 as well? Have you tried applying the 1.11 patch to "downgrade" it? It worked for Deus Ex and Arx Fatalis.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they ever made a 64-bit version of Windows 98 😀

Reply 44 of 59, by Asaki

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Asaki wrote:

There's a convar to change it: http://members.optusnet.com.au/kirben/sin.html

Ack! Nevermind, the s_2dvolume cvar doesn't exist in the demo. I'll probably try uninstalling 2048 drivers and seeing if 2041 helps at all. 2041 = no EAX, though =(

Reply 45 of 59, by Asaki

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, 2041 didn't fix it, but I did figure out the problem!
I don't know about your wrappers, but in the Vortex Control Panel, you have to check "Disable DirectSound Hardware Acceleration". This fixes Unreal Engine games too, though you might be better off setting "UseDirectSound=False" in the games' INI file.

It's not a fix for every game, though; it breaks Thief.

Reply 46 of 59, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Osprey wrote:
It doesn't appear to really be finding it on your system because, according to your screenshot, "Aureal Interactive" doesn't sho […]
Show full quote
lowenz wrote:

Blood 2 too finds the A3D wrapper ("3D Sound" in the launcher -> A3D splash image http://i67.tinypic.com/30kr7l1.jpg ) but how can I use A3D in the game?

It doesn't appear to really be finding it on your system because, according to your screenshot, "Aureal Interactive" doesn't show up in the menu of drivers.

It does show up for me after installing the A3D package that I put together over the Summer and was going to release, but never did. If you'd like to give it a try, here it is.

Any feedback that you or anyone wants to give on how well it enables A3D in Blood II, Unreal, Jedi Knight or any other A3D-supporting game is welcome and might help me make a decision on whether or not to release it officially or not.

Update: jonpol is working on fixing some directional sound issues in IndirectSound (and the fixes are already working, I'm testing them now), so please, prepare to eventually release this wrapper with the next release of Indirect Sound (0.18?) 😁

Reply 48 of 59, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote:

It's nearly ready 😉

Up!

0.18 is ready, so it would be a good thing to update the A3D wrapper too (and release it officially)!
Maybe Osprey can ask jonpol a version with EAX supports enabled by default.

LiteTech issues are now solved 😀

Reply 49 of 59, by andr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi)) heretic 2 1.06 /a3d not supported with a3d alchemy
sin wages of sin 1.11 a3d not working
notebook lenovo e31, realtek high definition audio, drivers 6.01.8581 ,win10 1909 x64, a3d alchemy installed
are there any solutions?

Reply 52 of 59, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As general case the game main exe folder.

Configure the ini as you wish (if you know what you're doing of course)

DSOAL is a DirectSound to OpenAL (virtual device) wrapper capable of re-enabling the EAX extensions (1,2,3).
So choose DirecSound (3D) as sound interface in the game.

There is a similar solution for A3D, but is no more maintained.

Reply 55 of 59, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MrEWhite wrote on 2020-02-19, 16:25:
lowenz wrote on 2020-02-19, 09:47:

Say goodbye to A3D and go DSOAL 😉

Binaries: http://vaporeon.io/hosted/dsoal-builds/

I love DSOAL, but those builds are almost a year out of date.

They're perfectly working.
And you can always rename the new OpenAL Soft 1.20.1 32 bit DLL to "dsoal-aldrv.dll"

You can even try other OpenAL implementations! Just rename them.

Reply 56 of 59, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote on 2020-02-19, 16:39:
They're perfectly working. And you can always rename the new OpenAL Soft 1.20.1 32 bit DLL to "dsoal-aldrv.dll" […]
Show full quote
lowenz wrote on 2020-02-19, 09:47:

Say goodbye to A3D and go DSOAL 😉

Binaries: http://vaporeon.io/hosted/dsoal-builds/

And you can always rename the new OpenAL Soft 1.20.1 32 bit DLL to "dsoal-aldrv.dll"

The DSOAL DLL is too like a year out of date.

Reply 57 of 59, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MrEWhite wrote on 2020-02-19, 18:16:
lowenz wrote on 2020-02-19, 16:39:
They're perfectly working. And you can always rename the new OpenAL Soft 1.20.1 32 bit DLL to "dsoal-aldrv.dll" […]
Show full quote

The DSOAL DLL is too like a year out of date.

The dsound.dll you mean? Well, code is stable (for 32 bit applications) check on github 😉
So do not worry about.

Reply 58 of 59, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

High, I was Using A3d Alchemy with no issues then I had to reinstall windows. On a fresh instal games do not detect A3D at all. Now I can go back to using DSOAL, but if anyone knows how to get A3D Alchemy working I would appreciate it.

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 59 of 59, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If it helps I was using it to restore 3D audio in Jedi Knight Dark Forces. Now of course it is as if it is not seen at all. Only change is a fresh instal of Windows 10.

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood