VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gagster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not long ago Dege released a WIP version of dgVoodoo 2 that could force a higher resolution on older Direct3d games, and thereby I used the gog-version of Moto Racer 1 and 2 as "guinea pigs" for this wrapper.

Moto Racer 2 now runs like a dream with high resolution support, as do Moto Racer 1 (had to patch MR1 to get it working properly though).

However, while Moto Racer 2 recognize the Xbox 360 controller as a DirectInput device and runs as it should, I'm not able to get the Xbox 360 controller working in Moto Racer 1. In the options menu in MR1, I'm only able to choose Keyboard as controller. The word Joystick or Joypad only flashes in a microsecond while changing the controller in the options menu, before it reverts back to Keyboard.

I'm not sure how strong the interest is for this ancient racing game on this forum, but I have googled and didn't find an answer that worked in my case. There's such a big difference between using the keyboard buttons and the analogue sticks on the Xbox 360 controller in racing games..

CPU: i7-4790K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

Reply 3 of 6, by Gagster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have finally downloaded XInput Plus. This seems like a nice program for directinput games, but as of now I'm having the very same issue with Moto Racer 1; not being able to select joystick/joypad in the options menu. I have used the game.exe in the Moto Racer 1 folder as Target Program, enabled directinput output and even disabled the output for both left- and right trigger (as this causes issues in some old directinput games). I even disabled the analogue sticks of the Xbox gamepad to see if this was causing issues, but still I was not able to choose anything but Keyboard in the options menu of Moto Racer 1.

I may solve this by myself given enough time (if it is possible to solve this with XInput Plus).

Reply 4 of 6, by Gagster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Seems like I still don't get the "ding" audio message as I start Moto Racer 1. I get that very sound when starting Moto Racer 2 with the XInput Plus configuration applied to that game.

Without getting the audio message, the game is not communicating with XInput Plus.

Reply 6 of 6, by Gagster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow; this was insanely difficult to configure! I have now both vJoy and UJR installed, and I have tried for over half an hour to bind the right keys in MR1 using the QuickBind and QuickBind Select tools in UJR. I have honestly never heard of the winmm input api before; I thought that directinput was the only input plugin before xinput from Windows 95 av onward.

Well, I can finally choose between Keyboard, Joystick and Joypad in the options menu in Moto Racer 1, but using the highly advanced UJR tool I still can't bind the keys. Even after reading the instruction manual aka readme file in the UJR folder.