VOGONS

Common searches

You are Empty

Topic actions

First post, by LoneKiller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I am getting really mad with the game You are Empty. I tried everything I know to have it work (compatibility mode, Vmware and other) but the game is not working.

The issue is clearly related to video driver, since the game is installing fine but even the menu is all wrong and stops in a black screen when New Game is selected.

Using Vmware, the game still do not work, but changing Vmtool version I am able to have different effect - crash at startup, white screen instead of black and others. This is why I think the problem is the video.

Any help or suggestion from someone more skilled than me?

Many thanks.

Reply 1 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Details, details! What operating system are you using? And which video card?

Wikipedia says:

There is a graphic problem with the latest Nvidia drivers (resulting in a white checker board corruption in the game). Before a patch was released, the developer suggested the players install an older Nvidia driver that was included in the game to solve the problem.

It links to http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=1892&page=2 .

Reply 2 of 5, by LoneKiller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, and thank you very much. I did not consider you probably need more info, sorry....

I am using Windows 7 64 Bit, but I also tried to use the game using Windows XP 32Bit under VMWARE without any good result.

My video card is ATI 5870 and I am using driver 15.4, but I also tried using VMWARE emulated card that is similar to Intel hardware using various driver versions, again no good result in it.

I also have latest patch installed since it was already included in Europe version of the game.

Any idea or suggestion is more than welcome.

Reply 4 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Maybe Nvidia or Windows is trying to apply a bad fix. What if you rename the exe used to run the game? (That is, if it's "emtpy.exe", try changing it to "empty1.exe".)