VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by LoneKiller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have some problems with the game in subject. The game installation is OK, even launching is fine and you can easily get to main menu. When you select New Game and create a new character, the game shows the Loading screen, then crashes to desktop with generic error. This happens in all available versions (1.0/1.01/1.02). Compatibility modes did not help.

My specs are:

Windows 7 64 Bit
Ati Radeon 5780
Driver Catalyst 15.4
8GB Ram
Quad Core CPU 2.7GHz

I also tried to launch the game using VMWare workstation using Windows XP SP2 and Intel graphic card, but the error is the same.

This is a Directx 9 game so DGVoodoo cannot help.

Any suggestion or idea is more than welcome.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Reply 3 of 4, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, just in case nothings helps, this game also runs with DX8, so DGVoodoo2 might be an option still.

EDIT: At the moment DGvoodoo seems to break a certain shader of the game, if you want to play the game with DX8 this wrapper https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases wraps the game properly to DX9.

Request a game profile for VorpX - VorpX Inofficial Gamelist - RJs VorpX Games

Reply 4 of 4, by mpampis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I created an account because i find it alone and nowhere exist this information.

When u start the game it make 3-4 minute to start.
It is because the server update doesn't exist anymore and the executable tries to communicate with master server until it timeout.

The solution is simple.
U must go into game folder and into the config folder u must delete the file {updatecfg.lua} now the .exe bypass the update server and goes instanly into game.