VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Because of a windows re install
nolf 2 thinks its not installed does anyone have the registry entries for this game
thanks...

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 5 of 7, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

NOLF 2 is a fantastic game, but sadly it doesn't seem like too many people have played it, though from what I remember everyone I've read of who played it really liked it. Presumably it didn't sell well, since there was no sequel released*. At least we have NOLF 1 and 2 -NOLF 1 is great too, aside from some forced stealth missions that need some trial and error which to get through, sadly.

And I think both NOLF games are in copyright hell at the moment, meaning that no one can find out who owns the rights to allow them to be sold on GOG or Steam, meaning that if you don't have the games now, then it's ebay or the pirate seas if anyone wants a copy. A real shame, but hopefully, like with the System Shock games, someone will buy the rights, and allow the games to be sold again.

* There was a semi-sequel, called Codename Jack, which I never bothered with since by all accounts it wasn't much good at all.

Reply 6 of 7, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kerr Avon wrote:

I think both NOLF games are in copyright hell at the moment, meaning that no one can find out who owns the rights to allow them to be sold on GOG or Steam, meaning that if you don't have the games now, then it's ebay or the pirate seas if anyone wants a copy. A real shame, but hopefully, like with the System Shock games, someone will buy the rights, and allow the games to be sold again.

Yes, _very_ close to the System Shock revival story (Night Dive), except of course for the "copyright hell" (or is it 'love triangle' between Warner Bros., Activision, and 20th Century Fox)...
http://kotaku.com/the-sad-story-behind-a-dead … back-1688358811

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)