VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mdzapeer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

First time posting, I have this really annoying issue with G-Police, it was working fine with sound but with a few graphical glitches but after trying dgVoodoo2 the sound stopped working but the movies play fine with audio.

I have another windows 10 machine/laptop I copied the same install to it and everything works fine on sound wise, I have been at this for 2 days and its bugging the hell out of me.

I have tried everything to even re-installing windows and still not fixed. Apart from doing a full format and re-install of windows 10.

I ran the game in VMware win98 and it runs fine with audio although in software mode.

Reply 2 of 3, by mdzapeer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorted out the issue, details in this thread, in case google drops someone here with a similar problem

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

mdzapeer wrote:
GOT THE SOUND WORKING! […]
Show full quote

GOT THE SOUND WORKING!

but only in software rendering mode with dgvoodoo 2.52 (all g-police versions), there is definitively some connection to sound in those dlls ddraw or d3d.

Now to make it work in 3d acceleration mode.

EDIT: Working with 3d acceleration too now and no compatbity setting on the .exe

I have no idea how this was fixed...

mdzapeer wrote:

Regarding the missing sound for g-police, it seems to be due to running in compatibility mode for win9x on windows 10. But the exe only runs without any dgvoodoo .dlls in that compatibility mode. Hence no sound. When its running without it there is sound (which only runs in comaptliblity mode).