VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Salvia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello. This is my first post. I registered at this forum because I am interested in game compatibility and game modding.
I am looking for other people who are interested in game compatibility and modding.

I want to get old games running on modern windows 10 64 bit PCs. But as you know, this can be difficult.
If you are knowledgeable regarding this issue, feel free to send me a private message. There are a lot of games I would like to get working.

I am starting off here by asking, has anyone gotten Dark Earth game to work?
It's a DirectX 5.0 game and it has a 16 bit installer (which of course does not install in Win10 64 Bit, but there is a way around that to install it)

But, if you did install it. It does not launch and gives the Error Code : 8
You also get an error if you patch the game to version 1.1

Has anyone been able to get this game Dark Earth to work on Windows10 64 bit without emulation.
And, if you have gotten it to work WITH emulation, then how did you do it?

Also, I am willing to help you out with your game compatibility questions as well. Just send me a private message.

I will see you around.

Reply 3 of 7, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Greetings and welcome to Vogons!

Your question should go in a different thread perhaps.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 4 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I agree, if you have questions about Dark Earth, then it would be better for all concerned if you put Dark Earth in your thread title.

So, obvious question: have you tried running the game in Compatibility Mode for Windows 95?

Salvia wrote:

Also, I am willing to help you out with your game compatibility questions as well. Just send me a private message.

Wouldn't it be more productive for people to post their questions in a thread for everyone to see..?