Rank Member
Rank
MrEWhite wrote:
twiz11 wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

Is your computer plugged in?

how is there a template for filling out this shit

what

the game wont work in windows 10 x64 does anyone have any solutions or where i can go?

Reply 6 of 13, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I do wish to point out that Outpost was released in 1994 for DOS & Windows 3.1 (both 16-bit operating systems).
From what I've gathered, Windows 64-bit OS's are not that compatible in running 16-bit applications.

Try running it in a virtual machine or even in an emulator (like PCem).

Reply 8 of 13, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The point being missed with Jorpho's comment is someone is asking for help without volunteering any information other than OS, like what has been attempted.

That said, Outpost and Outpost 1.5 are Win16 only games. The only way to play them on x64 Windows is via a VM or emulator. The only way to use DOSBox would be to install Win3x in it first.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 9 of 13, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
twiz11 wrote:

how is there a template for filling out this shit

Do you really need a template to figure out that people might need to know a little more than "Outpost by Sierra Online 1994 in Windows 10 x64" before they can start helping you?

You may also enjoy How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.

Reply 10 of 13, by Salvia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello twiz11.

Outpost is a Windows 3.1 game. That means it is a 16-bit software and will absolutely not work on Windows 10 x64.

The only way to run 16 bit programs is to use emulation or virtualization software.
Such as Dosbox, or virtual PC.

I haven't tried this yet, so I can't tell you more.

See you.

Reply 13 of 13, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
collector wrote:

You will want to remove that link since it has illegal downloads.

I threw the cd out since I need a control floppy disk, i give up old games are not golden so pissed sierra would do that