VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ratco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone,

I am looking for fighting games from he 80s/90s that have a proper story mode.
Basically I am trying to find games where you have a FMV/pictures-with-sound-and-text intro to each character and get some more as you win fights and reach the final victory. I love (as an example) Virtua Fighter 2, but it has no big interest in fighting with other characters since there is no story to be unfold. I know we get some pictures at the end, but that is not worth the trouble xD
I mention that I am still using my same old machine (Pentium1 133mhz, 64mbs Ram, no proper 3d graphics card).

I am looking for windows/dos games, and console games for nes/snes/mega drive/genesis/segacd/ basically any 8bits or 16bits game console since I can emulate those.

Hope to get some suggestions 😀

Reply 2 of 6, by ratco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah I know some for the newer systems, but I am looking for older stuff. Like I said, my machine is not very powerful so I am hoping for windows native games or some 8/16 bits console. Have been looking around but found nothing. One I am going to try is Eternal Champions on Sega CD seems good from what I saw online. Not sure about the story mode though.

Reply 3 of 6, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What about One Must Fall 2097? I'm not into fighting games, so I don't know if this falls under your criteria? I do know it is freeware 😀

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 4 of 6, by ratco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

From what I remember OMF did not have a story mode, it was just before each fight you saw the pilots saying something like " I will win!" But there was no proper story going on. Could I be wrong?
Still thanks for sharing 😀