VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I dug up an old copy of Sabre Ace: Conflict Over Korea, then tried to run it on an XP system. Motherboard is Biostar A780L3G with AMD 760G IGP, with AMD Athlon X2 250 CPU (3 GHz) and 1.5 GB of RAM, which I figured to be old enough to play the game. Well, the game booted fine even without compatibility mode, everything ran fine, until I flew the plane. Then I got the following graphical error.

sabre ace.jpg
Filename
sabre ace.jpg
File size
197.6 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The error only happens in cockpit view though, all other views run fine.

I have tried all compatibility modes ad nauseam, and I have Googled for solution. Unfortunately, this is all I found.

Hello Migman […]
Show full quote

Hello Migman

is it possible to play "Sabre Ace" under Windows XP? I try with Compatibility Mode - but have Error in Cockpit View

Sorry to ask you - but i cant find nowhere else Support. (I think i'm the last on Earth who likes to play this old fart of 3Dfx Game)

Thank You

Marwal If we can find out how to, then I might even fire it up up myself! I enjoyed this sim, it was the first 3dFX sim I bought and my first sight of those "3-D" planes is indelibly etched into my memory.

MiGMan

So, am I in hopeless situation?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 3, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Davros wrote:

Have you tried different glide wrappers ?

Nope, but Sabre Ace is Direct3D. At least I couldn't find any GLIDE.OVL or GLIDE.DLL in the game's directory.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 3 of 3, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Have you tried dgvoodoo2 yet? it wraps Direct3D these days too.

EDIT: Oh never mind, I forgot you were on XP, dgvoodoo2 is not compatible...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto